[ 50 ]

Inaya's POV

I frantically look around the room, searching to see who the bullet hit or who even fired the bullet.

I stare at Dominic who only stares at the floor beside me. Nick is looking at the same place.

I turn my head to my right to see their father on the ground, silently cursing as he puts pressure on his wound.

Dominic shot his father. He shot him right in the stomach.

"You fucking bastard." His father mumbles under his breath. "I raised you to be loyal."

Dominic only looks at his father with hollow eyes. "You never raised me at all."

He grabs his knife and slices through the ropes around my wrists as well as Nick's.

I couldn't stand up even if I tried, my legs are in a state in between numbness and in pain but also sore. My wrists are aching from the tight ropes that were around them.

Dominic kneels down and holds my face in his hands. "This wouldn't have happened to you if I didn't make you mine."

"Then, I would still be the miserable girl blaming myself for everything." I giggle through my tears as I place a hand on his cheek. "Us meeting has no impact on anything that happened, understood?"

He leans his cheek further onto my hand. "I can't believe you're still so fucking hopeful after all of this."

"Someone in this relationship has to pull the happy weight." I smile.

"If you two lovebirds are finished," Nick smirks "we need to get Inaya some medical attention and take father to his doctor too."

Benny runs into the room frantically, "Boss—oh." He stops for a second, realizing that everything in here is sort of under control. "Lenny and I have taken care of your father's men."

Dominic nods. "Get Nicholas out of here. I'll bring Inaya. Tell Lenny to take care of my father."

Benny quickly holds up Nick as Nick limps out of the room after giving me a small, apologetic smile.

"You're a disgrace." His father says his under breath.

"I might be a disgrace but at least I feel human again." Dominic replies back.

I tug on Dominic's shirt. "Lets go."

I know if we linger any longer, something will go wrong.

I stare at Dominic's father just a bit longer, the blood is gushing out to the point where the white shirt he was wearing is dark red.

He should look like he's in pain, he should look like he's dying–especially for a man who's as old as him–but he doesn't look like it.

For some reason, that sends chills down my body. How much did he go through to lose the ability to feel?

In a sense, that was Dominic at first. He'd come home with injuries that were beyond my imagination yet he would act like they were paper cuts–or would act like he wasn't injured at all.

I quickly snap out of my thoughts when I see Dominic's father move his arm slightly. Something flashes when the light hits it near him...

Wait... 

"Bastard." His father curses as he throws the object which I recognize as the knife he used on me.

I scream as I jump in front of Dominic, the knife grazes through my right arm deep enough to where I feel it extending through my skin.