[ 8 ]

Inaya's POV

"I'm so sorry! I tried my best to miss when I was told to shoot Benny! I really didn't have choice. I–"

"Benny?" She stops me mid sentence.

"Yes, I'm so sorry." My hands begin to tremble.

I thought I'd finally found someone who I could talk to more relaxed.

"Wait, my husband's Leonard." She raises a brow.

"Leonard... as in Lenny?" I ask, just as confused as her.

She nods.

"I-I didn't shoot Lenny, Mr. Belcastro did that. I was told to shoot Benny." I clarify.

"I came here to congratulate and thank you for it because he somehow seems more humble after that because he did say it was your doing." She laughs.

Thank me? Congratulate me? For shooting her husband?

I'm confused.

"He can be a real pain in the ass sometimes. But after yesterday, he's become less irritating. I thought it was your doing since he was going on about how you almost had him and Benny killed." She explains.

I look at her with pure guilt in my eyes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't have a choice, I really tried missing the shot when I was told to hit Benny."

"You're a sweet girl. Benedetto told me everything. I'm grateful you got those two smartasses the medical help they need ASAP..." Angela pats my back. "Even though they technically kidnapped you."

Leonard and Benedetto are their real names. Huh. The names sound so much more classy.

"I couldn't let them die for something they didn't have a choice behind. They had to follow orders or else it would've been their life." I give her a small smile.

She looks at me with awe in her eyes. "My God, you don't hear such soft words around here often. You really are just as sweet as Benny said you are."

I couldn't help but break into a blush. She has such a motherly vibe to her, it's heartwarming.

"Can I ask you something?" I begin quietly.

"Yes, of course, Princess." She says.

"What was that loud noise that just occurred a few minutes ago?" I ask.

"Oh, that was Dominic practicing at the shooting range at the back of the house. He does this a few times a week with different types of guns." She rolls her eyes in disapproval.

I look at the clock, it's 7 AM. He practicing shooting this early... that's some dedication.

Also, this man just keeps getting scarier and scarier. He practices a few times a week? Why? So he can go around taking more lives?

Yes, obviously the answer is yes.

"So, you just come in to check up on him and the home?" I ask out of curiosity.

"Yes, I wish I got paid for this." She chuckles. She notices that I was staring at her uniform and quickly answers my thoughts. "I wear this when I do some cleaning around here. This is specifically made for me for when I want to clean."

I make the 'oh' gesture.

It makes sense.

"Well, it was nice meeting you. I have a brunch to attend later today so I should get to that. I'm so sorry Dominic woke you up so rudely. I'll give him a good scolding."