The sudden noise of a cold click stopped my crying in an instance. There was no mistake about it. That was a gun and even my heavy breathing couldn't cover that noise up. I let out shocked shaky breaths as I looked up to see Oscar cocking a gun to my dad. He was completely unaware of what was happening, his focus completely on me.

"No, stop it," I whispered, shaking my head as Liam shook his head in response to his father's actions. Something told me that this wasn't part of the plan because now Liam was glaring at his dad and trying to retrieve the gun from his grip.

There were a few groans as Oscar hit his son on the cheek, knocking him to the side as he cocked his gun at my father once again. I looked up at my dad in shock as he reached forward for me just as a loud bang sounded in the room. I gasped at the noise, and felt dad's body limping forward before fully leaning into me. My eyes were staring at Oscar with pure fear as I pushed dad back. He fell onto the cold ground and I crouched down, looking over my shaking hands to see red blood on my fingers. A part of dad's shirt—right near his heart—was turning red due to the bullet wound bleeding even more.

I felt sick like I was about to throw up as the tears blurred my vision once again. I quickly checked over dad to see if he was still breathing; I needed to know if he was still fucking alive. I laid my head on his chest, checking for breathing or a heartbeat—just anything. No, no, he can't die! Tears fell down my cheeks as I sobbed out, gripping strands of my hair in my fingers. I didn't care if I had blood everywhere on me because everything fucking hurt so much. My sobs echoed through the room as I yelled out in pain, my shouting coming out in pure anguish and heartache.

"Dad, you weren't meant to kill him. That's not part of the plan—what the fu—" Liam spoke, clutching his jaw as his father silenced him.

"No, be quiet. Let's leave her. She can find her own way out." my breathing was shaky as I clutched onto the material of my dad's shirt, letting out small whimpers. I didn't want it to end this way and I thought I could sort it out, but fuck, I can't. It's his blood on my hands that is scarring me, knowing how much pain it's putting me through even after how much pain he put me through. I have to get out of here. I can't lose anything else. My friends. I-I have to find them. Fuck, I have to go.

I pulled myself away, still sobbing a bit and wiped my hands on my shirt before standing up. My head spun with memories and trauma as I tried to stand straight. The door was open and I took my chance, sprinting out of the room and down the steps of the house. It was difficult running down the stairs because of my uncontrollable crying that didn't cease. I ran into the wall or the banister a few times, but continued down the stairs until I ran through the front door and a few cars were there.

I ran up to one and yanked the door open, hoping the keys were still in it and sighing shakily as I noticed they did before turning the key in its place, shutting the door and putting my seat belt on. The sooner I left this hellhole, the sooner I can fucking explain this all to Owen and the others. I drove out and down the hill before reaching the main road. This gave me the chance to calm myself down from hysterics, but traces of his blood were still on my fingers.

Regardless, I checked my face in the mirror before wiping at my damp cheeks. That piece of lying shit, I thought. He lied to me and shot my father—. I clutched my forehead for a second before gritting my teeth. Too many thoughts played in my head over today's events as my heart pounded in my chest. 

It felt like and eternity until I got back to gates of the gang compound. Just in case Oscar could end up tracking us, I drover away once again, past the compound and onto a deserted road. I quickly got out of the car and used the back way to get into the main hall where it was empty. My breathing quickened further as I continued my walk in, spinning around yet no one came.