"No."

"Are you sure?"

Tension builds between them again. Jungkook is looking at his father's eyes as if he can just burn right through them. He's been trying to hold his anger back but it's as if his father is testing his patience. How much more will he take?

"I'm fucking sure."

Mr. Jeon half smiles at Jungkook. He keeps the strong eye contact as he begins to speak again.

"Just asking since you guys are getting married and I'm sure Jimin wouldn't like it if you conti-"

"I said I'm fucking sure!" Jungkook can feel his face heat up as his blood boils. If he was in a cartoon you could sure see the smoke coming out of both his ears at this point.

He already said he wasn't hooking up with strangers anymore, how many times does he needs to say it?

A few people eating at other tables turned to Mr. Jeon and his son in concern, wondering what's the commotion about. So he tells Jungkook to keep his voice down.

Jungkook doesn't respond and just looks at their waitress coming to them with their drinks in her hands. Once she reaches the table she places the water in front of Jungkook and the beer in front of his father.

"Are you guys ready for any food orders? Maybe starters?" She asks with a smile as she pulls out her notepad and pen again.

Mr. Jeon looks at the menu in front of him and takes about 15 seconds to find something. He looks up at Jihyo and says, "Number 14."

She smiles and writes it down. After that she turns to look at Jungkook who was just staring into space but at the same time paying attention at what is happening next to him.

"I'm fine for now." Jungkook says and so the waitress smiles and says she will be back with
the food soon.

Jungkook watches her as she walks away and disappears into the kitchen through a grey door that says Employees Only imprinted on it. Then him and his father both look at each other.

They're waiting for either one of them to talk. Jungkook's eyebrows are a little furrowed showing how he isn't really happy at the moment while Mr. Jeon has a straight face on.

Jungkook rolls his eyes and pulls out his phone. He goes through social media ignoring his father's stare.

Will the two ever get along?

"Jungkook," Mr. Jeon says trying to get Jungkook attention. Although it doesn't really work. Jungkook continues scrolling through social media on his phone.

"Jungkook I'm talking to you."

Jungkook finally looks up clearly not interested in what his father is about to say.

"Look, I wanted to apologize for what I said on the call earlier I-"

"Don't." Jungkook knows his father isn't sorry, he never is. He meant those words about his mother and so that's why they were said. If the two continue with this conversation things aren't going to end well.

"Jungkook listen to me. I know you miss your mother and let me tell you something,"

Jungkook looks at his father and he probably knows just what he is going to say. Move on or something somewhat like that.

Mr. Jeon sighs and looks down at the brown table in front of both of them. A light hanging from above barely lighting up the two of them.

"sometimes I miss her too."

Jungkook freezes. He did not expect this at all but neither does he believe it. Jungkook bursts into a laughter. An exaggerated laughter.

Mr. Jeon stars at his son in confusion. Clearly not understanding the situation.

Jungkook finally stops after a few seconds and he looks straight at his father.

Before he gets to speak their waitress comes with his father's food on a black platter in her hand.

She bends a bit as she places it in front of Mr. Jeon. He smiles at her and thanks her so she leaves.

She was hesitant to leave because Jungkook still hasn't ordered but she figured he still didn't want anything since he stayed silent.

Then Jungkook speaks.

"You don't fucking miss her, you never did and you never will."

He stood up and walked right out not sparing a glance back at his father. He can hear his father calling him to come back but he chooses to ignore it.

Once Jungkook is finally outside, he takes a deep breath as the cool air comes in contact with his skin.

People walk by as the trees sway side to side due to the wind. A person on a bike rides past him. Jungkook is the only person just standing in one spot.

A few people look at him whispering things to each other probably recognizing him as the son of the Jeon's company. It probably isn't even called that anymore now that Mrs. Park is working with his father.

The sun is already setting, coloring the sky pink and orange.

Jungkook looks down the street and sees a building that says Bar.

Jungkook begins to walk into that direction wanting to have some alone time.

Also not caring what will happen if he drinks too much.