Chapter Twenty-One: Supergirl

Start from the beginning

Kate stood in front of us. "Okay, I want Courtney and Nia up." The two of them went up and stood in front of her.

Courtney had her staff with her. She smirked at Nia. "You see this golden boy? This thing can shoot out beams of pure solar energy."

Kate swiftly plucked the staff out of Courtney's hands. Her eyes widened at this. "Hey!"

"You need to focus on your strength from within," Kate said, "not just from a staff."

"Pfft." Cournety rolled her eyes. "Still have the Cosmic Converter belt." She looked over at Nia. "Wait, what even are your powers?"

"Well...uh..." Nia replied, "I can dream the future...?"

Courtney cracked a smile before she choked out a laugh. "You...you're kidding, right?"

Nia shook her head. "N-no. I...I got it from my mom."

Courtney's laugh grew louder. "Oh my God. Am I sparring against a psychic?"

Nia slightly glared at her.

"Bruh," Courtney said once her laughing started to die down, "you literally stand no--"

Nia shot out a sky-blue blast from her palm at Courtney right in the face. It slightly knocked her back.

My eyes widened at this, with my mouth making an o-shape. "Damn," I muttered to myself.

Courtney stumbled back up. She scoffed. "Yeah right. Beginner's lu--"

Nia grabbed Courtney's wrist and pulled her toward her, causing Courtney to lose her balance. She twisted the wrist as she did a handstand over Courtney. Nia loosely wrapped her legs around Courtney's neck, flipping her over.

My eyes widened at this sight. "Oh my Rao!"

Courtney quickly tapped as Nia held her down. "Okay, okay!"

Nia smirked. "Don't underestimate the new girl."

Jesse speed over in the blink of an eye to break them up. She helped Courtney up as she stumbled.

Kate sighed as she rubbed her face with her hand. "Oh my God. Okay."

I turned over to Mon-El. "That...that was pretty good, right?" My voice stuttered slightly.

He turned to face me. "Were you talking to me?"

My face grew hot again. "I...I mean, I kinda thought so."

He cracked a smile at me. I didn't realize how pearly white his teeth were until now. Pearly white and perfectly straight. I wheezed through my nose as I couldn't help but smile back.

"You're Kara, right?" he asked.

I nodded as my lips pursed into a smile. "That's me."

"Worst case, I could see from the coat of arms on your suit that your Supergirl."

I looked down and smiled down at the red "S" symbol on my chest. "Yeah, that's...that's me." I looked over to see Mari and Jessica square up to spar in front of us.

"I'm assuming you have the same powers as your cousin," Mon-El said.

"All the same, just female and younger." I paused for a second. "If you're from the future, wouldn't you know everything there is to know about me?"

He chuckled. "I don't know everything," he said, "but I know Brainy would know all about you."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Brainy?"