Chapter 26: The Heart Of Darkness

(Aaron's POV)

We followed Zoey to her home. It was urgent. It was mainly about The Heart of Darkness. Whatever it is, it's taken form and I have concerns for my lover. As we entered the house, Zoey looks to Aphmau.

"Now, the heart has taken form. Aphmau... You should prepare yourself." Said Zoey.

"Huh?" Aphmau questioned.

"It's a form... you'll recognize." Said Zoey.

Other Garroth said he will keep guard. Me and everyone else went downstairs to see the heart. Once we got down stairs we see a man in a prison cell.

he has black hair, tanned;pale skin, and a blackish-grey leather looking hood. He looks like... me!

"That... that isn't Aaron..." Said Other Aphmau.

"How...?" Melissa questioned.

"I don't know Mel." Said Lucinda.

"But... but it looks so much like me." I said with a shudder in my tone.

I looked to Aph.

"It's Shad... or rather... some part of him...." Said Aphmau.

Then I look to Katelyn.

"Of course it's not him. We saw what happened to his body." Said Katelyn.

I didn't know what happened to the other me's body. But I sometimes wonder how he passed away...

"IRENE!!" Said The Heart.

Aphmau jumps back with fear and I put my hands on her shoulders for support. She starts shuddering and shaking.

"Shh... it's okay babe... it's okay..." I said to her softly as her ears and tail flopped down.

My ears and tail flopped down too. I look to The Heart and he makes eye contact with Aphmau as she looks at him.

"Irene... how could you? Why did it have to be her?" The Heart questioned.

I then noticed that his arm was slowly fading away. I didn't know how it was happening.

"What?" I asked.

"This has been happening... I don't know what to do." Said Zoey.

I look to The Heart. Aphmau looks in fear at him.

"Why Irene? Why?" The Heart asked.

I look at him. To think he's an evil version of myself...

"I.... don't know..." Aphmau shuddered.