John stares at it for a good few moments, jumping when Freddie speaks up from the couch. 

"Oh darling, stop worrying about her."

"Morning," John mumbles, grabbing a glass to fill for her, "I can't help but worry, Fred." 

The man gets up, stretching his arms above his head as he steps into the kitchen in search of coffee, "She said it was just a headache." 

John ignores him and starts rifling through the cupboards for the paracetamol - Roxanne has moved everything last week and he can't find shit, "Up to much today, Fred?" 

"I'm going to go pick some things up from Mary's," he begins making up a mug, "Then I'm going to go see about a house." 

John frowns, "Mate, I didn't mean anything by it. You don't have to move out right away. You're welcome to stay as long as you need." 

"I should bloody hope so!" he jokes, "I am the one who gave your lovely girlfriend this flat, aren't I? But this house, darling, it's absolutely stunning! I have to snap it up now before someone else does!" 

With that, he disappears into the bathroom and John finally finds what he's looking for, popping two into his hand before he makes his way through to the bedroom. 

For a moment, he thinks she's already fallen asleep but when he notices her furrowed brow and she's making little noises of discomfort. 

"Rox?" he whispers, putting the glass and painkillers down on his bedside table so he can climb onto the bed, "Rox, hey. You alright?" 

"No," she groans and when she opens her eyes, he can see tears gathering, "My head hurts, when I was just starting to sleep, my leg started cramping up and I can't find a good position to try and-" 

He feels for her, really he does. The pregnancy up until this point has been relatively smooth. Yes, she'd had the morning sickness but other than that, it's been smooth sailing - all until she came into her seventh month. 

"Hey," he soothes when she starts sobbing into her hands, "Come on. I've brought you some painkillers and paracetamol. They'll help with the headache, yeah?" 

He helps her sit up, handing her the tablets when she's comfortable against the pillows. 

"What are you doing?" she asks, wiping her eyes as he moves to sit at the edge of the bed, carefully lifting her legs so she can drape them over his. 

"I'm going to give you a massage, aren't I? Trying to help." he smiles and her heart swells. 

He's so good to her.

He waits until she takes the tablets and is resting back against the pillows again before he starts kneading her leg and immediately, her hand shoots out to stop him. 

"Give it a minute, yeah?" he whispers, getting right into her lower leg and she whines. 

"John, that really hurts." 

"I'm sorry, love." 

It takes a few moments but eventually, he feels her start to relax back into the mattress. 

"That any better?" he asks and she nods. 

"Yes, thank you," she breathes. 

He leans forward and kisses her forehead again, "Get some sleep."

"I'm sorry that this isn't the day off we planned," she says, climbing under the covers. 

"It's alright," he even goes as far as to tuck her in, making her giggle, "Sleep."