Chapter 8 - Him

Chapter 8

It's Sean's wedding. And I wasn't part of the entourage. And yet here I am standing wearing a yellow green motif barong and slacks in queue for the start. It should be Oyen, pero nagkaroon ito ng emergency sa kaniyang business in Cebu that he needed to fly early this morning. At dahil mas malapit ang unit ko sa hotel kung saan sila nagbook, I was called for the rescue.

The entourage ready as the ceremony started. I Tried to focus myself into the wedding since I am seated at the front near the groom and the bride. If he'll make unnecessary movement, he may ruin this precious event for his friend. But he can be seen fidgeting in his chair. Up until the ceremony was done, hindi sa wedding rites nakatuon ang pansin nito but to something else.

Nagkaroon pa ng kunting Pictorial ang groom and bride and some ceremonial beliefs of welcoming them with rice outside the church.

Papunta na sila sa reception after that nang tabihan siya ng bestfriend niyang si Miguel and grab him by his shoulder.

"Dude! Anong nangyari sayo kanina? Para kang sinisilihan sa pwet. Allergic of wedding?" Tukso ng lalaki na may nakapaskil na ngisi sa mukha.

May dala siyang sasakyan at makikisabay ang kaibigan but he seemed not listening to what Miguel is saying because his eyes was fixated on the side of the church.

"Hoy! Kanina ka pa dude! May chicks ka naman bang natitipuhan?"

"Fvck dude! She's here." Hindi makapaniwalang sabi ko sa katabi.

"Who's she?" takang tanong ni Miguel na napasunod ng tingin sa tinatanaw ng kaibigan. "The girl who sex and run you? Where?"

Walang ibang nakita si Miguel sa kung saan nakatanaw ang kaibigan kundi ang grupo ng kinuhang wedding coordinator and organizer ng ngayon ay asawa na ni Sean na si Marjie.

The girl in white terno - blaze and straight cut slacks - with her clipboard talking in her phone in front of one other woman with white dress in ruffled collar and tight skirt, who seems to be listening to their conversation.

"Siya ba yan?" parang di makapaniwalang tanong ni Miguel. He remembered her as the girl in red dress. But he don't remember her face anymore, so he's not familiar of her.

"She dressed differently, and grow her hair long. She looks like she gains weight and she's fairer too. I don't know but I've got this strong feeling that it was really her. She's ~ Ria!"

Hanggang sa makarating sa venue ay hindi nilubayan ng tingin ni Ash ang babae. Mas lalo lang nadagdagan ang pakiramdam nitong ito nga iyong babaeng nang-iwan sa kaniya 3 years ago when he heard her name called.

"Ms. Ria. Ready na po ang entrance ng groom and bride!"