Chapter 24 - Him

Chapter 24

Ash don't know what to do that night and found himself drinking alone at the veranda of their house. Hindi nga niya Alam kung bakit doon siya umuwi when all he ever wanted was to forget for a while what he had found out.

Halos Hindi na niya malasahan ang pait ng alak na iniinom. It tastes plain like water, that he almost half the bottle of whiskey he have at home.

Bigla na lang siyang natawa na para bang may nakakatawa. "Fvck!"

Napapailing ito na napasandal sa inuupuan, napapasabunot sa buhok na Hindi malaman ang dahilan.

"Tama si Ria. I shouldn't give a damn. That's suppose to be nothing. Just Plain sex, nothing more!  Ha-ha! But it's not that simple, Goddamit!"

Naitapon niya ang baso ng alak na iniinom at parang Baliw na tumatawa, Pilit pinapagaan ang sarili.

"I've never felt this way before. Ako yung nang-iiwan, ako yung dapat na lamang, I should be the upper hand. But damn. Damn that red dress!

She should be mine right? Partida, may anak pa kami. I know that little girl is mine, my blood. Pero damn, she's happy I can't take that happiness away!"

The wind blows but it doesn't make him cold. Halo-halo na ang nararamdaman niya ngayon at para na siyang Mababaliw.

"Is she worth fighting for?"

Napaangat siya ng tingin nang marinig ang boses ng kaniyang Ama. "D-Dad?"

Naglapag ito ng dalawang baso sa mesa kung saan nakapatong ang bote nito ng alak.

"Is she worth fighting for?" ulit nitong tanong sa kaniya na Hindi niya Agad na sagot.

Nagsalin ang ama niya ng alak sa dalawang baso at Ibinigay ang isa sa kaniya na tinanggap niya naman. His Dad smells his whiskey before he downs it.

"I don't know your story and I just heard a few words. If you think you'd be happy fighting for her, then go. But first, be on her shoe. Will she be happy if you fight for her? Will she be crying in happiness if you pursue her? Will she be okay and better with you? It's not just about our own happiness, it's theirs too.

Maybe that's one of the reason you and your sister can't understand yet. You want your own freedom and happiness, But we want to see you happy and better. You may not think of what makes us happy, but we do to you as your parents.

Life is not just about you, but also the people you cared around you. If you're happy, they're happy too. If they are not, you're not too. It's a reflection."

His Dad's words enlighten him. No need to think deep, the answer is too obvious and simple.