Chapter 1 - Her

Chapter 1

The colored lights of the dance floor makes her head dizzy. With a glass of margarita in her hand, above the bar counter, she told herself this is going to be her last shot for she's not sober anymore.

The loud and bombastic music filled the four corners of the club. Everybody's cheering out loud as they swayed their bodies next to each other. The music added her adrenaline. Loud thumping sounds that rhythm her heartbeat.

She poured the margarita on her mouth in a gulped. She wiped the liquid that remained in her lips. Then, look at the dancefloor blinking so many times because all she could see are rays of colored lights.

She stood up from the high chair she occupied in the bar counter but loses her balance as her foot reaches the ground. She stumbled but didn't fall. She had regained her balance because she was able to hold unto the counter top that made her laugh for a second.

She almost didn't hear herself squeak because of the loud party music.

She finally stood up and fix her fitted red above the knee spaghetti strap dress that hugs her body prefectly.

She could feel her world shaking a bit but she knows it's the alcohol that already affects her mind and body. But she came here to get wasted, to enjoy life and to forget what happened before she step a foot in the club.

Hell, she won't entertain any thoughts right now, all she wants is to party and be happy,

Even if it's just temporarily.