Chapter Thirty-Nine: The Sleeper Agent

The Watchtower was built with several containment cells onboard in case any metahuman criminals needed to be restrained

The Watchtower was built with several containment cells onboard in case any metahuman criminals needed to be restrained. It was to one of these self-contained chambers that Mammoth was escorted to by Cyborg and Hyperion following his and Gizmo's incursion. Despite their effective defence, Gizmo was able to dissipate his neutrino bursts in time to create his own boom tube and retreat, with a very sensitive piece of data onboard his personal hard drive.

Victor and Harper stood outside of the cell and stared at Mammoth. He was inside, clutched tightly by pure promethium cuffs that could discharge electrical pulses in the case of inmate violence. Victor had injected him with a cocktail of tranquilising agents to keep him docile until help arrived. He needed to know what Gizmo was planning to do with the Amazo algorithm...and how it even existed.

He turned to Harper, amidst this first chance they had to properly talk about the situation. "You...should know what Gizmo was here to take." He said lowly.

Harper, covered by her Model Val suit, cocked her head inquisitively.

Victor shook his head. "The...Amazo algorithm was in our database."

The woman chuckled. "Right. Funny."

With a frustrated huff, Cyborg rolled his eye. "Do I look like I'm joking?"

"You have to be joking, because I watched you delete it byte by byte. I watched you melt the server into slag, for Christ's sake. It just...isn't possible." Her voice began to trail off as she realised that, of course, Victor was dead serious. "Vic...there is no way that was the algorithm. I remember that night like it was yesterday. I remember looking at the client list of the server; the only two people connected were me and you."

Victor nodded. "That's why I'm calling in the cavalry."

The door to the cell blocks opened, and in strode Diana of Themyscira; known to her Amazon sisters as Champion and Princess; known to humanity as Wonder Woman. She was half a head taller than Victor, and this became all too clear as she approached. "I commend your efforts in defending this station. If it weren't for you two, I fear loss of information would be the least of our concerns."

"I appreciate the optimism and all, but...it wasn't just 'information' that we lost. You remember Amazo?" Cyborg mused.

Diana huffed in amusement as she crossed her muscled arms. "How could I not? It wasn't a battle to be forgotten."

"There's a data package that Amazo's creator, Professor Ivo, used in order to allow it to mimic metahuman abilities. Colloquially, it's called the Amazo algorithm."

Diana's eyes narrowed as she puffed up her chest. "And we possessed such a dangerous thing?"

Harper interjected, wanting to defend Victor as best she could. "No. Victor destroyed it. He used a deletion method that was irreversible. No one could've pieced it back together."