Chapter 1 : The Crash and Its After-Math

When I think back to that night the biggest thing I remember is the glass shaddering and my mothers violent screams as the glass pierced her pale fragile skin. It happened on December 3rd, 2012 when my parents and I were driving to a high class resturant to celebrate my dads book release when we were hit by a drunk driver. My parents were prnounced dead at the scene while I only escaped a few scratches and a broken leg.

        Unfortunately my parents were only children and all of my gandparents were dead so I was sent to an orphanage. Being an orphan in New York City was never easy. But I did at least find some comfort in a few of the small children. The children who I was closest to were the eight year old twins: Izzy and Tommy Eliot. It may sound really weird that a tweleve year old hangs out with two eight year olds, but they were the best friends I ever had there. They were orphaned when their single mother died of cancer. I guess I bonded with them so well because of how fragile and broken they seemed. 

Unfortunately our orphanage didn't really have a good success rate. If our orphanage was lucky one maybe two kids would get a new home every other month. When a couple came to choose a child they would come and meet every child in the age group they desired. Sadly not many were interested in teenage girl nor twins, so Tori, Tommy and I remained at the orphanage until she came.