Chapter 14: Promising Proposals and Scary Shooting

When Taylor and I got to Joanne's, he pulled a key-ring with one single key on it out of his pocket. "I asked Joe a month ago if I could marry Stef and he gave me his blessing on the condition that I propose at the restaurant," Taylor explained.  He then continued saying, "Joe is going to be here in 5 minutes with the white rose's, so in the mean time would you like to help pick out where I am going to ask her?" 

"Sure," I excitedly replied. Taylor then took me on a little tour of the restaurant, so we could decide where he was going to propose. After we looked around the whole restaurant we decided that it would be most romantic if he proposed by the fireplace.

        Suddenly there was a knock on the door and Papa Joe came in with 30 white rose's. In a warm scruff voice he asked, "How's it going kid?"

"Things are going great! We decided that the special event should take place by the fireplace," I answered him.

He then smiled and then turned to Taylor and said (getting teary eyed), "You take care of my little loopey, okay?"

Taylor then hugged Joe and replied, "I will, I promise."

        Then Joe whipped away a few tears and said, let get ready he then pulled out a single white rose and put it on the top of the mantel right below a picture of a young and beautiful woman. Noticing my gaze at the picture, Joe explained that the beautiful woman in the picture was his sister and Gaga's aunt Joanne who unfortunately died at a very young age because of a disease called Lupus and, like Gaga, Joanne loved white roses which is why he bought an extra one.

        Joe's cell phone then went off and he said, "Cynthia just text-ed me and they'll be here in a few minutes, so we will need to get the rose's arranged, how you want, quickly." We then took all of the 29 roses and lay-ed them down on the ground in a path toward the fireplace. Then Taylor told me and Joe to sit at a table that was the closest to the fireplace. Then as we sat down we heard a knock on the door. Grandma Cynthia and Grandma Pam then speed-walked in while holding Izzy and Tommy, who were sleeping soundly on their shoulders. They then said that Stefani was going to catch up in about a minute or so so Taylor should get in his position on his knee. Grandma Cynthia and Grandma Pam then sat beside me and Grandpa Joe and I and waited for Gaga to walk in. 

        A minute later she walked in and found all of us by the fireplace. She was wearing a short an curly platinum blonde wig and a stunning creme colored dress covered in sequins. "Thanks for waiting for me," she said sarcastically. She then continued to greet Taylor and me saying, "Hello my darlings, how was the dance?" She then hugged me and kissed Taylor.

"It was amazing, we had a great time!" I excitedly replied. 

"Yeah, it was great to spend some time with Jane," Taylor added. Taylor then winked at me and said, "Stefani during the dance Jane and I were talking and we decided that I should ask you something very important." He then knelt down and pulled out the ring-pop and then asked, "Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, will you marry me and be mine for the rest of time?"

She shook her head 'yes' as she began to cry tears of joy as did Grandma Pam and Cynthia and myself. He then pulled out the real, heart-shaped, ring and put it on her finger. When Gaga saw it she nearly fainted and began to cry even more. Taylor then stood up and gently kissed her and hugged her with one of his famous comforting hugs.

After we all calmed down and stopped crying, all eight of us made it back to Gaga's apartment. By then I was exhausted so I laid down on the couch and slowly drifted off into a warm and cozy sleep.

*Gaga's POV*

It feels like I am almost dreaming I have my own little family and my own fiancé. I feel like the luckiest girl on the planet right now. I wonder when I should tell my little monsters ; they'll probably all freak out, but then again it's really funny to see them like that. I know, I am going post it onto Instagram tonight and then leave them on a cliff hanger. Tomorrow I will be spending a whole day here in NYC then Jane, Tommy, Izzy and I will be heading on a plane for California while Taylor goes to Chicago for the filming of Chicago Fire. Hmm... maybe the kiddo's and I should go with Taylor and introduced them to the cast and Taylor's buddies. I guess i'll just have to talk to Taylor and see what he wants to do because after all we are in this together.