Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Reiji

I woke up from a weight that pressed against half of my body. My limbs were sore and it was difficult to stand up once I opened my eyes and realized Mik laying almost lifeless on top of me.

"Babe?" I frowned and groaned a bit from the dull pain in my torso when I tried waking him up with a slight tug on his shoulder. "Hey! Mik, what is it?" I started to frown in confusion when I noticed his hair all white by loss of color as he didn't budge even the slightest. I looked around when I saw people that I had never seen before. The one guy, resembling Mik a lot, hugging what I assumed was his Mother while she was crying her eyes out.

All of the sudden the memories of what happened rushed in a blink of an eye back in my head, causing my eyes to follow the man that had just been attacking me for reasons even I wasn't really sure of.

The man that was standing in pride and honor not too long ago was all frozen up in spot with his watered eyes stuck to Mik.

"Mik?" My heart pounded when I slowly raised him up that I could see his face. And I could swear my heart skipped a beat when I saw the pale almost ghost like complexion and the blood running down his nose and the corner of his mouth.

What on earth happened? My hands trembled when I brushed his hair off his face, just to see he him appear even more lifeless. I was just about to ask what happened when another younger man, rushed over to me, bending down with worried eyes.

"Prince Mikaelis!" He gasped and quickly took him off of me laying him down and elevating his head on his lap.

"W-what happened?" I stuttered still too shocked from the situation I woke up in. That's when he stopped in tracks, just to look at me for what seemed for too long. "He's still alive, is he?" I whispered, widening my eyes in horror with thoughts about the very worst.

"You are his mate, right? I've heard." His eyes were back on Mik as he checked him like he knew what he was doing. "He's alive," he sighed in relief when the guy who resembled Mik the most joined us. "Prince Anthoniel, he's alive!"

"That means we can still do something, right?" He said with hope in his eyes and with a hint of sadness in them. "I still don't understand why he did that."

"Did what??" I wanted to know, almost dying from impatience.

"Saved your life," Anthoniel deadpanned. "In cost of his own."

That was enough to steal the words out of my mouth.

He saved... me?

B-but why would he do that if knew he wasn't in a good state from the start on? And that it was my fault why he wasn't.

I told him he shouldn't use it. He shouldn't use that ability of his. Not even on me!

"Minato, we can still do something,  right?" Anthoniel hysterically looked for the confirmation. But the guy, Minato, who was still checking Mik's state didn't say anything to that. "Minato!"

"I'm sorry," he gulped, sounding like he was on the verge of tears. That's when the mother came and joined us as I could see from the distance how the man, Mik's father I suppose, was just being shout at from another younger guy. This was Mik's family, wasn't it? Now, I get it.

"Is it bad?" The woman croaked, her voice sore from the sobs that had dried out.

"I don't think he has enough life energy for regeneration. At this rate he won't make it," Minato's voice cracked in the middle when I could see the tears threatening to spill. The words made me feel even more lost than I already was when I threw another glance at Mik.