Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Mikaelis

I knocked and waited in front of the door that was leading to Father's chamber until I was permitted to enter. He was sitting on his desk when I closed the door behind me.

"So you wanted to talk to me," he said and got away from his work that he had been doing before I interrupted him. "Just sit down," he pointed at his bed which is what I did. "Now tell me what is bothering you?"

I bit my lips and looked on the ground, playing with my fingers. "When exactly is my coronation?" I came to the point.

"In six months, on your birthday," he answered. "We plan to combine your birthday party with your coronation."

"I want-" I earnestly looked in his eyes. "There is no other way to hinder it?"

"So you really don't want it?" He crossed his arms and stood up to sit next to me. I shook my head. "Other people would rather fight to have that opportunity and you just have the nerve decline?" He cocked an eyebrow

"I really don't want to," I cleared up.

"But all the preparations are almost done, you can't back out now. Besides, there is no one else that is more capable than you," he explained.

"Dad," I whispered. I never really called him Dad which stressed how much I was serious about it. And I guess he noticed when he was finally properly looking at me.

"It has to be you. The future of this kingdom will be guaranteed and the people will be happier that way." He wasn't showing any signs of considering changing his decision.

I groaned and bit my lips. I could slowly feel the tears coming up in frustration. "Father, please. I'm begging you right now," I tried again. "At least give me time."

He looked away and stood up. "I'm sorry," he shook his head. "But I think-  no, I know it'll be best this way," he finalized once and for all.

I stared in the air for a few seconds, not reacting until I finally let it sink and stood up. "Okay, I understand," I nodded. "I understand." No, I didn't.

And with that I left the room, closing the door behind me and I tried keeping the tears in until I could reach my room. It was not right, to let anyone see me like that.

But I failed as soon as I ran into Minato who was heading to the opposite direction as I was. Worry spread on his face the moment he looked at me. And that's when the tears spill from my face. "Prince," he whispered and gently pressed me to his chest. "Are you all right?"

"I can't do this," I shook my head. "I really don't want to do this."

"Please calm down. We can talk in private if you wish to," he offered. I just nodded before we head to my room that was not far away since I had been already on the way to it. "Want to tell me what is lying on your heart?" He smiles warmly. Alba seemed to have felt my presence since she directly flew towards me and sat on my shoulder. "W-Where did this come from?" Minato widened his eyes.

"Oh, this is Alba, my temporary bird," I wheezed and bit my lips, focussing back on what was bugging me. "I talked to Father," I gulped. "I tried telling him clearly that I did not want to be the heir. But it seems like it has been already settled."

"You hate it that much?" I hysterically nodded.

"Yes! I want to live a normal life. Or at least live my own life first before my future would be decided. I want to meet other people, collect experience and-and," I broke off and wiped the tears off my face to finally get myself together. Minato just sighed at me, not knowing what to say.