Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Mikaelis

Since yesterday the relationship between Rei and I was really awkward. Like, the previous so narrow distance among us two grew wide apart after that incident. I wasn't really sure, but I think Rei was angry with me.

I was convinced that I didn't do anything wrong which is why I didn't apologize but I still didn't want Rei to be unnecessarily upset with me.

However, now I knew why others kept themselves from interacting with him. He wasn't bad as a person though his moods fluctuated worse than those of my Mom. And once he was in a bad mood, you rather wanted to stay away.

Right, that was what I was suppose to do but instead, I carelessly ignored the last point once I knocked at Rei's door only a quarter before our actual curfew and stood there with my clothes, ready to sleep in. And I was quite sure that he should be inside which is why I was a bit confused that I didn't get any response after knocking for the third time.

"Leave or I'll cut your face to tiny pieces!" An immediate threat followed right after I knocked again. I sighed. At least he was inside.

"Rei, it's me. Let me in, please," I pleaded as he remained silence for what felt like a minute before he opened the door. He was just in some pair of sweatpants when he allowed me to enter his room. "Thanks."

"What do you want this late at night?" He stroked his messy hair from his face and locked the door after I took a seat on the bed.

"I wanted to see you." I honestly responded.

"Oh really. Couldn't wait until tomorrow or what?" He went ahead to lay down and go to sleep. But I removed the blanket from him and shook my head.

"No, I can't sleep when you are all I'm thinking about. I'm worried."

"Why am I worrying you?" he sat up, looking directly at my face.

"It's because I don't want you to be fed up with me." It sounded more selfish spoken out than it did in my thoughts.

"I'm not fed up with you," he shook his head that brightened my mood almost instantly. "Come on, let's get some fresh air," he grabbed my hand and stood up.

"But-" He didn't let me finish as he dragged me out of the room. And instead of approaching the entrance door we took the steps that leaded us to the roof. "Is it even allowed to go there?" I worried.

"Of course not," he rolled his eyes whilst opening the door when the cool night air engulfed my body once we had reached the top of the building.

"Aren't you cold?" I pointed at his bare torso.

"It's fine. Besides no one's going to see anyway." He let his hand around my wrist slip down to my hands as we approached the edge just in front of the railing.

"What are you even planning to do here?" It just seemed risky being so close to the railing.

"I have to show you something." He let go of my hand and placed them behind my neck. "You have to close your eyes though." I frowned in suspicion when he narrowed the distance between us and made a step closer to me. "Mik, close your eyes."

I hesitantly did what he wanted me to after he repeated his words. I should have anticipated a kiss or something similar but for whatever reason I didn't. Which is also why I let out a surprised moan when he licked over my lip and pushed his tongue in my mouth to dominate the kiss. Different than the other times we kissed, he was so unusually gentle.

And from one moment to the other, his pheromones suddenly got stronger. Not in a threatening or uncomfortable way, just plainly stronger and easier to perceive. If someone didn't notice his presence before, then they for sure would have by now.