Tara x Reader (You're Beautiful)

Start from the beginning

Without really thinking at all, I wrapped my arms around her torso and gave her a light, yet warm, hug. She didn't move an inch. She didn't even hug back. All she did was dig her nails into the cushion of the chair.

We stayed like that for quite a bit until I pulled away and got to my feet. I looked over to the wrappings I set down before and grabbed them.

I looked at every scar and detail of her face. Her sunken eye had a symbol. The symbol resembled the eye on her wrappings. I didn't question it though. She seems uncomfortable enough as it is.

I started unrolling the tan cloth and looked up to her. Her eye was averted elsewhere, trying to avoid all eye contact. "You don't have to feel weird. I won't judge you for your looks."

My claim made her flinch slightly. I began wrapping up her head, doing my best to wrap it the same way it was before. "I still care for you, no matter how you look."

I felt the feeling in the back of my head slowly fade away. She was done talking to me for now. I sighed, knowing I probably upset her. I finally finished wrapping her head and took a step back to look over my work.

I didn't do a bad job at all! It was pretty spot on to how it normally looked. Tara had her eye closed as the floating cloud readjusted itself back to Tara's forehead.

Tara stayed where she was while I went to grab a pink and purple lei to put around her neck.

I took a deep breath and put the necklace around her neck. Her Hawaiian outfit was now complete but she still looked displeased.

I straightened my posture and grabbed Tara's hands once again. The sudden contact frightened her but when she looked up to me she calmed down.

"We are going to have the best fucking night and you will enjoy it." Her eye twitched. Out of shock? Out of disbelief? Or maybe frustration. Either way, she didn't know how to respond.

I pulled her hands towards me and lifted her from her chair. Without another word, we made our way down to the beach.

--------------------------------

The beach was covered in bright lights and people. Music flowed through the air and was heard throughout the whole area. Everyone was drinking, dancing, chatting, all in all, it was a fantastic gathering.

Tara and I didn't speak a word as we walked down a quiet path to the beach. Every now and then, fireworks would break the silence between us.

Finally, I sighed and looked at Tara with a smile. "You look great for this. I'm sure your outfit will be the best one there!" She didn't respond in the slightest way. I frowned to myself and focused on the cobblestone pathway.

"Tonight will be fun." I whispered to myself as I grabbed Tara's hand and hurried onward. My steps slightly speeding up as we got closer and closer.

I never looked back. I held tightly onto Tara's hand and looked up to the starry sky. I'll make this good. I don't want Tara to feel uncomfortable.

I'm not sure what she thinks but I hope she doesn't regret her decision. Even if her face is covered in scars and is partly torn away...

I still love her.

I shook my head, trying not to cry as I sped up my pace.

(Tara's Pov)

We were now running down the path. (Y/N) shook their head vigorously and sped up their pace. Did I do this? I'm worried that I've ruined everything.

Can they look me in the eye and still see me as a friend? Maybe they're disgusted with me. I fear that I might lose them as I have everyone else.

I shouldn't have asked for help.

----------------------------------

Out of breath, we finally made it to the beach. It was full of life and not a single soul was down. All spirits were lifted up high.

Well, almost all.

(Y/N) released my hand and turned to me with a grin. "What do you want to do first?" I looked around at the scene laid out before me.

I looked down at the sand and shrugged. I earned a chuckle from (Y/N). "Aw, come on now! I'm sure there's something that might interest you?"

I shook my head and (Y/N)'s smile faded a little bit. I'm scared to make a wrong decision yet, I'm making all the wrong decisions!

I facepalmed myself when (Y/N) had their back towards me. "Hmm. There are small rugs laid out near the water. Want to go there and sit?"

I looked to the open ocean. There were square cloths laid out all around the edge of the water. Not many people were there and the view was breathtaking.

I looked to (Y/N) who was waiting patiently for an answer. I closed my eye calmly and nodded with slight elegance, trying to calm myself down.

"Great!" They took my hand once again and led me to the ocean. My face heated up under the cloth I wore as I looked at (Y/N)'s figure.

Even though they're confident and chipper, I'm still concerned that they might say or do something otherwise. 

(Third Person Pov)

The two walked over to the ocean and sat on a gold and purple rug. In the center was a small, circular candle that held the tiniest glowing flame.

(Y/N) looked to the ocean as Tara looked to the starry sky. "It's beautiful tonight isn't it?" Tara simply just nodded as she examined each little light. 

"Hey, do you know how to play cards?" Tara brought her attention to (Y/N) with an 'are you kidding me?' glare. (Y/N) laughed and reached into their pocket.

"Okay! I know that you can use tarot cards!" They pulled a pack of playing cards and showed them to Tara.

"Do you know how to play any games using these kinds of cards?" Tara took the pack from (Y/N)'s hand and took the cards out of the box.

Tara placed the box in front of her and looked through each card. Not a single card had a magical force which somehow made Tara uneasy. She has never seen a pack of cards as odd as these.

(Y/N) chuckled and took the deck from Tara's hands. They began shuffling the deck while looking back to the ocean. "We can start off with something simple. Have you ever heard of the game 'Go Fish'?"

----------------------------

Tara drew from the deck and smiled to herself when the card was the same as the one in her hand. She placed her two cards down with her other pairs which caused (Y/N) to clap.

"Awesome! Good game!" (Y/N) picked up all the cards and started shuffling again. Tara looked down at her hands and sighed.

(Y/N) stopped shuffling at the sound and looked up to Tara. They sighed themself and placed the deck in front of them.

"Listen, I know that you're very self-conscious about yourself." Tara flinched at (Y/N)'s words. "I understand why you're scared but I just want you to know that I am not going to turn away from you."

Tara looked up from her hands and to (Y/N). A single tear began to form in her eye at (Y/N)'s words but she quickly blinked it away.

(Y/N) smiled and leaned over to her while placing a gentle kiss on the tip of Tara's covered nose. "It doesn't matter what you look like under those wrappings. You're beautiful to me in every way imaginable."

Tara smiled under her wrappings and scooted to (Y/N)'s side. She leaned against them and placed her head on their shoulder. (Y/N) laid their head against hers and closed their eyes while placing their hand on top of Tara's.

As the music in the back continued playing, these two sat in silence and enjoyed each others company.

Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed this one! Sorry for the long wait. Classes are a bit crazy this semester and I won't be able to write as much. Thank you again for reading! :)