Forty

A/N: the photo above is a small edit I made, it was based on the scene with Irisviel and Kirei from Fate/Zero! enjoy~

---

Zabuza had brought Yumika deeper into the forest, where she managed to land a couple of attacks onto him.

"Aww, you're such a good wife." Zabuza chuckled. "And a mother too. Too bad you won't live to see your child grow up." He had bruises and minor cuts slashed around him, his band-aids coated with fresh blood.

"Shut the fuck up!" Her dress was tattered with cuts all over.

"Oh? So your foul mouth has returned?"

"Only when bastards like you tick me off!"

She tossed sets of shurikens at him. He easily dodged them, then whipped out his large sword, and cut the air in front of him. Water drops began to swirl around and cuff her hands and ankles. She was restrained.

This gave Zabuza the opportunity to use his taijutsu, without having her block any of his moves. She winced, but then stopped struggling to think of a way to escape, and managed to break free. She hit him hard in the gut with her fist, and he skid backwards. She cracked her knuckles, then did a few hand signs, and aimed it directly towards him.

"Hidden Arts: Hyrdo Cannon Jitsu!" Pumps of water spewed from her fist with impeccable speed and force, knocking Zabuza down.

He then got up and knocked her down with a single swipe at her legs. He grasped her throat and lifted her up.

"The more you struggle, the tighter my grip gets."

She clawed at his hands, trying to break free.

"You know, I would've had you killed by now.." He mused. "But you deserve to suffer."

Her eyes began to water, but she clenched his fists and kicked him in the chest, hard enough that he backed away, doubling over.

"I won't go down that easily." she shot out some shurikens.

"Fine by me." he dodged them, wielding his sword, "I'll delay as long as it takes for your husband to witness your death."

~~~

By the time Kakashi had come back, he realized that his wife was on the ground, almost beaten completely. She looked up at him, and that's when he realized that she was crying, her crystal tears splashing down her face, mixing with her blood.

Zabuza knew she'd be in her weakest state by staying home, taking care of the baby. That's why he planned his attack right now. She was so weak in this state but managed to survive this long.

Kakashi couldn't take it anymore..watching her suffer. He rushed towards her at once.

Zabuza gave a husky chuckle, as he knelt down next to Yumika. He lifted her chin with his finger and stared at Kakashi.

"Never thought you'd actually get her, I'll be honest," he said.

"Don't fucking touch her," Kakashi repeated in a dangerously calm voice, lunging at him.

He ducked, while both of the Copy Ninja's hands producing cyan blue sparks. The lightning attack burnt one of the trees nearby. This gave Yumika an opportunity. Ignoring her major injuries, she weakly crawled and reached for her kunai, when the same hands snaked around her throat once again.

"Bad move.." Zabuza lifted her in the air and held three of Haku's needles--each between his three knuckles-and he made a fist.

Kakashi tried running and blocking it, but everything was happening too fast, "No!"

He pushed his arms backwards, then pierced them forwards with impeccable force and speed straight through her already bloody stomach.

One hand covered her mouth, but her heart-shattering scream was still heard. Kakashi's eyes widened, as he saw her blood squirt from her mouth, blocked by Zabuza's cruel hand.

As Kakashi's mind processed this scene, he blinked and instead of seeing Zabuza and Yumika, saw Rin and himself. When he killed her using his Chidori.

It had come back to bite him.

The impact was too much for her to handle. He had stuck the pins inside with such strength, that they poked out of her back. Zabuza gave a weak smile, almost as if seeing her pained him as well. He pulled the needles out of her.

Her blood travelled down Zabuza's arm, dripping madly onto the ground. Her eyes locked onto Kakashi's as Zabuza's grip on her neck loosened. She fell, almost in slow-motion and Kakashi reached forwards and caught her motionless body into his arms.

He turned around to flare his eyes at the Demon of the Mist, but he was nowhere to be found. The genjutsu wore off and Kakashi and Yumika were both back in the front yard of their house.

"Hang in there, Yumi.." he whispered, as he brought the both of them back to their house.

Upon arrival, he set her on the couch and hurried to get some medical supplies. By the time he had come back, she had crystal tears hanging from under her eyelids, spilling on either side of her face.

Her eyes had turned back to crimson the moment he knelt next to her. "Sorry.." she managed.

"Don't talk." he swallowed back his anger and tears at the same time, as he placed a cloth on her lower abdomen.

She then winced upon the additional pain, tears still falling, "It was a b-boy.."

Kakashi ignored her and tried applying pressure on the wound.

"Everything's okay, Yumi..."

He swiftly brushed her hair from her eyes, as she heaved a sigh in relief. She locked her weak eyes onto his, her grip on his hand faintly loosening, "..l-love you.."

"Yeah.." he didn't feel comfortable saying those words, but these were different circumstances. Exceptions were made. "Love you too.." She took her final breath.

Yumika (Tsuchida) Hatake was officially dead.

Kakashi stared at her body in horror, but he quickly shut her eyelids. He closed his eyes and tried to accept fate. Anger roared in his ears and Kakashi was blinded by rage.

Despite all that he lost, he wasn't a man with sincerity and caring. He's had several of his comrades for anyways. But the fact that she was his companion hurt.

And because during the time of her death, he was reminded of Rin Nohara.

Kakashi felt his eyes water. He wiped them away with his arm and began to breathe heavily.

"I've let yet another comrade down.." he whispered in a shaky breath.

----

A/N: Make sure to vote, comment and read! Hope this wasn't rushed!

★Lee★