Thirty-Two

"You're i-inviting us to your wedding?!?" Naruto stuttered.

"Uh, yeah. If you brats have nothing better to do." Kakashi was about to speak again when an earth-shattering squeal was heard.

"OH MY GOSH!" Sakura screamed as the three others plugged their ears. "Kakashi Sensei's getting married!! I can't believe it! I can't believe it!"

Kakashi winced. He knew he shouldn't have told the kids. "So, is that a yes or a no to the invite, Sakura?"

"OF COURSE IT'S A YES!" she shrieked. "Heehee! It's almost as if you were just flirting with Yumi-Sama yesterday..and now the two of you are getting married!"

"Why'd you assume it's her? What if I found somebody else?" he raised a suspicious eyebrow.

"First of all, it's SO obvious," Naruto rolled his eyes.

"Very." even Sasuke agreed.

Sakura gave a flirty wink, "Plus, Yumi-Sama used to talk about you whenever we'd go out for dinner after my training sessions~"

"She..what?!" Kakashi fought the oncoming blush.

"So when is it?" Sakura sang. "The wedding!"

"Not so sure...maybe in few weeks or so?"

Sasuke sighed out of annoyance, "Is it mandatory for us to come?"

Naruto agreed, "Yeah, a wedding seems so lovey-mushy and boring!"

"No, you don--!" Kakashi started when Sakura gasped.

"Of course we have to go! He's our sensei!" Sakura snapped. "AND WEDDINGS ARE NOT BORING!"

"Yeah, they are!" Naruto argued as Sasuke smirked.

"CHAA!" Sakura pulled her fist into the air and was about to strike the blond when Kakashi separated the two.

He rolled his eyes, "Oh, knock it off, you two..let's start your training now."

~~~

When she heard the door lock rattling, Yumika went off to greet her fiancée.

Kakashi gave a small yawn, "Hey."

"H'lo," she replied, giving a short smile. "How was your day?"

"It was alright..I told the kids..and they said yeah.." He rolled his mask down, then remembered something, "Hey, I have a question."

"Mm?" she said, not meeting his eyes as she took his vest and hung it in the closet.

"Sakura mentioned that you used to talk about me when you used to take her for dinner," he began. "Did you have a crush on me back then?"

"..what?" she looked up at him quickly.

"Hm, now that I think of it, I had a sense that you liked me~"

She sheepishly smiled, "Well, as a friend, y-yeah.."

"You were fawning over me with a twelve-year-old!" he accused smugly.

She began to blush, but defended herself, "Fawning? I was complaining a-about how much of a slob you are!"

"You don't have to hide it from me," he slowly cornered her to the wall.

"H-hey, now..liste--!" Her voice faltered and she looked downwards.

He smiled some more and tilted her chin up with his fingers. She still didn't meet his eyes, "Mm, you don't have to admit it, I already know~" he teased.

He edged his face closer until there was hardly any distance between the two. "I.."

She turned to the other cheek and cried, "My r-rice is burning!"

She slipped from under his arms and sped out of the room. He rolled his eyes slightly, then called out, "Kitchen's that way, Yumi."

A few seconds later, he watched her whiz past the other way, her hair flying behind her, face right red, "I KNEW THAT."

"Of course you did."

~~~

The wedding was going to take place in a week, and organized by Might Guy himself.

The wedding looked pretty decent for one being held in a small hall. That's it. Basically, the guest would come, watch the couple kiss, then just stay there and party.

It also gave the young genin a chance to meet up and take a break from all their hard work and training. Nothing too fancy. See, ninja weddings weren't even too important. A small ceremony would be held and boom: you two are married now. Go expand your clan.

Days flew by, and the hour before the ceremony came. Yumika and Kakashi were at home, getting ready. As Kurenai got the bride ready, Yumika insisted on meeting Kakashi.

"You know that's bad luck!" Kurenai exclaimed.

"What?"

"The bride and groom seeing each other before the wedding."

Yumika smiled, and shook her head, "We aren't the superstitious type, so I think it's alright. Besides, I need to speak to him."

"Er..alright."

When she approached Kakashi, she asked, "Why don't you take your mask off for the wedding?"

He shrugged, then glanced at her long enough to notice how different she looked, "You clean up nicely."

She was wearing a lavender yukata, with her hair in a traditional Japanese bun, and several other decorative items on her. She had a bit more makeup on than her usual red lipstick, thanks to Kurenai.

"So do you."

He was wearing a navy blue yukata with a dark belt around, nothing too fancy done with him, but he still managed to look charming.

"Oh, right. Don't take this the wrong way, or anything, but I'm not kissing you during the wedding." she later added.

"None taken. How about now, then~?" he leaned forward for a kiss when she placed her hand over his lips. 

"Not right now."

He raised an eyebrow, "And why's that?"

"You'll ruin my lipstick."

"...so?"

"It's expensive."

He rolled his eyes, taking her wrist, "Good grief, let's go."

----

A/N: yoyoo. weddin time x) hope nobody's too ooc or anything :^)

★Lee★