Fifteen

Sakura ran up the tree at full speed, her built up Chakra giving her the ability to run straight up the tree trunk. Yumika gave a small nod; she was doing okay so far. Suddenly, Sakura's foot slid, and she almost lost her balance. Fortunately, she steadied and continued to sprint, when Yumika called her name.

"Do it again." she ordered.

Sakura carefully slid down the tree. "But I---?"

She squinted her eyes and gasped aloud when she found a tiny leaf in between Yumika's fingers.

Sakura was in disbelief.

"How did that..?"

"Again, Sakura."

Sakura didn't protest; she nodded again as she charged at the tree again--this time at a more fast pace. She concentrated hard and focused all her Chakra towards her feet; as she dashed up the tree at top speed. She didn't turn back. Once she reached the top, she snatched the bow and dove her way back towards the ground. She gasped and panted, as she shakily stood up before her Sensei.

"How's that?" she asked.

Yumika gave a small nod. "Better. Do it again."

"Sensei, I did it perfectly!" she protested.

"Yes, but you completed the task within the given time." Yumika went on. "I want you to be able to finish the task in a shorter period of time. Practice does no harm."

Sakura wiped the sweat off her forehead. "O...okay."

Sakura worked on the assignment until the sun began to dip down in the orange sky. The poor girl was very tired, as she had been using a large portion of her Chakra since morning. Sakura collapsed again on the ground, so Yumika knelt down and lifted her into her arms. She gave the girl a reassuring smile, as she stood up.

"Hmm, seven seconds," she whispered. "I think that'll do for now. How are you feeling?"

"A b..bit tired." Sakura yawned slowly, her eyes beginning to shut automatically.

Her yawn was quite contagious, for even Yumika began to yawn, "Do you..want dinner?"

"I wanna rest, p..please." Sakura slowly drifted to sleep.

Yumika leaned her back against the tree trunk, Sakura snoring in her lap. "Okay, but only for five minu..." She fell fast asleep.

Five minutes turned into many hours in no time. Sakura woke up some time at the crack of dawn, feeling well rested. She looked around her and found Yumi Sensei snoozing behind her. She slowly stood up from her lap and dusted off her pants.

"Yumi Sensei?" Sakura whispered. She didn't want to leave her sensei out here alone in the woods. "Psst!"

Yumika snored gently, as Sakura frantically tried to poke her awake. Suddenly, Sakura heard a small yawn.

"Huh?" Yumika rubbed her eyes open. "What happened?"

"I think the both of us fell asleep by accident!" Sakura laughed. "Can we go home now?"

"Of course." Yumika stood up, grabbing hold of Sakura's hand. The two left the forest and walked down the deserted village. When the two reached Sakura's house, Yumika put a hand on both of her shoulders.

"You worked quite well yesterday, and I wanted to give you the next few days off," she said quietly. "but make sure you're practicing."

Sakura nodded. "Okay! I will! Thanks, Sensei!"

"Later~"

As the door opened, a worried Mebuki Haruno along with her spouse, "Sakura!!" They hugged their daughter.

Yumika bowed apologetically, "I'm sorry. I didn't think we'd spend so long training.." By training, she really meant sleeping.

Mebuki took a short breath before smiling gently, "We had a feeling she was with you, so we didn't worry too much!"

"Suuure," Sakura rolled her eyes.

"We appreciate you working with her. Plus, Sakura seems to like you!" Mebuki smiled.

"Oh, it really is nothing. I like her too~" she winked at Sakura, who stuck her tongue out playfully.

---

A/N: yeye another chapter B)

★Lee★