Nineteen

Yumika woke up the next morning around the crack of dawn. She changed her clothes, went to the bathroom, then walked out her room. She examined the living room: Kakashi was nowhere to be seen. While puzzled, she then heard an off sound: footsteps were faintly heard over her head. She looked up.

"The rooftop.." she mused, as she climbed out the window and headed to the top of the house.

She walked quietly and sure enough, Kakashi was there. He was sitting, with Make-Out Paradise on his face, as usual. He turned his head slightly, upon sensing her presence, yet his eyes remained glued to the book.

"Morning," he said. "sorry to wake you."

"No, no..I was already awake." The wind blew at her wispy white hair, as she used a hand to tuck the wild strands behind her ear. "Don't tell me you stayed here last night..."

Kakashi smirked, finally making eye contact with her. "Okay, then. I won't tell you."

She smiled, then ruffled his hair playfully, making him raise his eyebrow at her. Realizing what she had done, she retracted her arm and looked away. The gesture had come to naturally, she hadn't thought much of it.

"Not that I'm complaining, or anything, but doesn't that count as physical contact?" Kakashi asked.

"So it was," Yumika responded, trying to keep it casual. "But it was about a two on the scale."

He rubbed his chin, putting his book down. "Hm..but what would you consider a ten~?"

"Why would I tell you? I wouldn't want you to get any ideas..." she laughed.

Kakashi gave a chuckle, but paused quickly to yawn, "..mm, sorry."

"Let's get you to bed, hm?" Yumika helped him up.

"Yumi, wha---?" he started, as she lifted him bridal style in her arms.

"You need some rest." she headed back inside.

"But I have to *yawn* t-teach..yeah.." he whined, as she softly placed him onto the bed.

Yumika lowered his mask to his chin and leaned down towards him. Kakashi's heart suddenly began to race fast.

Her hands brushed past his cheeks briefly, and she realized they were ice cold. She firmly grabbed his face with her warm hands.

"You fool..staying outside in the cold." she frowned at him, as she continued to warm his face with her cupped hands.

He couldn't speak for a moment, only stare at her. Her face showed pure concern: her eyes were shiny, her eyebrows upturned, lips pouty. Since her hair was down and she was so close, he could feel her long strands tickling the sides of his face. He went a fair shade of scarlet, which was noticeable to her since his mask was off.

"S-sorry.." he replied softly, eventually breaking their gaze.

She pulled back, ignoring her pounding heart, and stood to her feet, "Now I'll be back later, so rest for now."

"Uh..th-thank you..." he sighed, as his eyes completely shut and he fell asleep. His heart beat slowly returned to normal when she left the room. He stared at the doorway, watching the door close, "Jeez.."

Yumika changed into her Kunoichi attire and headed outside. Team Seven was already waiting, as Yumika tied her hair. Sakura was the first to greet her.

"Hi, Yumi Sensei!" she said cheerfully. "Where's Kakashi Sensei?"

"Well, he's still sleeping," Yumika replied. "So, I guess today I'll be your substitute."

Sasuke gave a small scoff, a bit too loud. Yumika's eyes fixed on him. "Hm?"

"Tch..." he replied coldly.

"Don't mind him," Naruto said brightly. "he's an Uchiha; they're always in a bad mood!"

Sasuke rolled his eyes, "Better than being an idiot 24/7."

"Hey! At least I'm not an emo loner 24/7!"

The three children all heard each other's stomach's roar with hunger. Yumika noticed it and quickly reacted.

"Did any of you eat anything since this morning?" she asked quickly.

"Well, Kakashi Sensei told us not to eat anything because of our training session..." Naruto said solemnly, purposely showing his pouty face for extra pity. "So no."

She started walking. "Well, first things first: I'm taking you all out for some breakfast!"

Naruto cheered, as the four of them began to walk towards the village. Sakura lacked behind. Yumika turned around and looked at the girl.

"Something wrong, Sakura?" she asked softly.

"Oh, n-nothing!" Sakura snapped out of her daze and beamed at Yumika. "Let's go!"

Sakura sorta felt jealous that Yumika was teaching all three of them rather just her. Her private lessons made her feel special.

When they arrived at a small cafe, she ushered them to a booth.

"You mean..he's sleeping right now?" Naruto asked, taking a mighty bite out of his toast.

"Wait..but that means you two live together," Sasuke mumbled. "Real professional."

"Shut up, guys!" Sakura hissed, threatening to smack them with her spoon. She winked at Yumi, "I'll need an explanation soon!"

Yumi rolled her eyes, "There isn't much to explain. Now tell me about yourself, Naruto.."

Naruto finished his food first while telling her about himself.

"Im'na be the next Hokage!" he said. "Believe it!"

She smiled at his confidence, "I hope so!" She turned to Sasuke. "And what about you?"

Sasuke stared at his untouched plate. "I want to avenge my family..."

"Ah... But how?"

"You don't need to know..."

The silence grew between the four of them; Naruto and Sakura were obviously used to Sasuke's dark and scary aura, but Yumika was not.

She knit her eyebrows. "Huh.." She took a sip of her tea, "Well, I hope you achieve your goal as well, haa ha.." she gave an awkward smile.

A bit grim for a 12-year-old.

By the time they all finished their meals, the four started to get along. They spent the rest of the day doing some training, but they tried to take it easy and simple. The sun was already sinking in the orange horizon when Naruto and Sakura collapsed to the floor. Sasuke was on his toes but leaned against a tree.

"Man! *huff*" Naruto breathed deeply. "Does the word 'break' mean nothing to her?!"

"Oh, oops." Yumika scanned the teacher's guide book. "That was to be done over two lessons.."

"Ugh, Yumi Sensei.." Sakura groaned.

"Are we done our training for today, Yumika?" Sasuke roughly asked.

"Yes, I suppose so." she nodded. "I guess I'll see you all later."

"Yumi Sensei...we have a favor to ask you," Naruto said, making Sasuke and Sakura turn around.

----

A/N: hmm what is the favour~?

★Lee★