Thirty-Seven

It wasn't that he didn't want children: it was the fact that they never exactly discussed it before that made him slightly uncomfortable.

Kakashi liked the concept of children, but not necessarily the concept of his own. However, he knew that women tended to have a soft spot for children, especially Yumika, so he could not shoot her down. Besides, he did love his wife and would love having a family of their own.

Despite everything happening much too fast for his liking, he knew he had to act quickly in the moment. He raised his eyebrows slightly in shock at the sight of small tears streaming down her face. He took her by both of her shoulders and looked at her softly.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm sorry.." she wouldn't meet his eyes.

"Sorry? For what?" he tilted her chin upwards to meet his face. "You're my wife and now a future mother, and I couldn't be happier."

Upon hearing those words, her eyes grew, "Y-you..what?"

He pulled her into a gentle hug, "Heh, you're a real dummy." He smiled upon feeling her laugh shortly into his chest.

"Kakashi, you're a damn good husband." he praised himself in his head.

Just then, the door burst open with Might Guy carrying a bowl on top of his head, "It's lonely eating by mysel--WOAH!" his eyes widened, "Group hug!" Guy squeezed the married couple tightly, making Yumika laugh and Kakashi groan.

"Guy, you're amazing at ruining moments," he remarked, then whispered into his wife's hair, "We'll talk about this later~"

"Huh? Talk about what?!" Guy pulled back and frowned. "Were you guys t-talking behind my back? Traitors!"

"No, Guy," Yumika smiled softly, squeezing his hand softly. "Should we tell him now?"

"..are you two filing a restraining order against me?"

This time, Kakashi laughed, "I wish."

"You two can't get rid of me that easily!" Guy stuck his tongue out at his rival playfully. "Anyways, spill!"

The squeal that was heard next was enough to wake the entire village.

"Oh my God, my little Yumimi! A mother!" Guy wiped the many fluids coming from his eyes and nose. Realizing how immature he sounded, he paused to clear his throat and said in a more serious tone, "I congratulate the two of you from the bottom of my heart."

The couple looked at their now serious friend and blinked thrice. In less than three seconds, they all burst into laughter.

Guy wheezed, "WHEW now that's outta my chest," He cleared his throats and then clasped his hands together as he got down on his knees. "May you do me the honour of deeming me the godfather of this precious child?!"

"No." Kakashi firmly replied.

Yumika smacked him lightly with the back of her hand, "Don't mind him, Guy. And as our closest friend, of course, you can."

"Yumi.." Kakashi warned into her ear.

She frowned slightly, "I'm sorry, will you be the one in excruciating pain for the next few months?"

Kakashi couldn't help but smirk; he enjoyed this side of her. The three continued chatting away on the couch when they all heard her stomach growl.

Guy chuckled, "Now was that yours or the baby's~?"

"You idiot. The baby is merely an embryo at this stage." Kakashi rolled his eyes.

"It's called light humour, Kakashi! Try it sometime!" Guy complained as Yumika began to laugh.

"I'll go make some more food. You guys want more?" she stood up, brushing her skirt.

Guy squealed happily and squeezed her tight before rushing out of the door. This made Kakashi twitch his eye lightly.

Yumika shot a glance over her shoulder, "You coming?"

"Yeah." Kakashi was a bit cold.

Yumika opened the fridge and pouted when she realized that it was growing empty, "Hm, doesn't seem that I can make much with this."

"It's all good!" Guy smiled. "I probably ate most of it anyways."

While she laughed, he shot a finger into the air, "Ooh, I have an idea! I shall replenish your low supply of groceries right now!" He reached into his pocket, counted a couple hundred yen, and burst out the door, "Be back in a few~!!!"

"Oh, Guy." Yumika gave a smile at the door, then at her husband who was reading on the couch. "I should probably set the table." As she walked by him, he tugged on her wrist. "Hm?"

Without any explanation, he pulled her down towards him into a hug on top of him. His book fluttered from between his fingers to the ground, but he didn't seem to care.

"What are you doing?" she asked with a smile. "I have to go prepare dinner, silly."

She tried getting up, but he had locked his arms around her waist. He buried his face into her neck; the warm air felt nice against her cool skin.

"Stay for a bit."

"B-but."

"Later." he lay back against a pillow, keeping her secure in his arms.

She knew he wasn't much for words and expressed himself with his actions, and she frankly liked this about him. She submit herself to his actions. She lay there with her husband on the couch, not giving a care about the mess around them.

And that basically sums up their married life.

---

A/N: Happy reading! Enjoy the last few chapters!

★Lee★