Thirty-Five

Luckily, Yumika didn't have anything to do the next day so she slept in. However, Kakashi had to wake up for work. Part of him was so exhausted that he just wanted to not show up and the other part of him didn't want to go to continue where he and Yumika left off last night.

When his eyes fluttered open from the sun rays leaking through the blinds, he rubbed them and elevated his body by leaning on his elbows. He gave a quiet yawn and turned his head to observe his sleeping wife, who was sleeping faced towards him. 

He gently stroked her cheek with his knuckles, admiring her while she slept. She had the blanket clutched against her nude chest and she was using the edge of his chest like an extra pillow. As much as he wanted to lay there for longer, he knew he had to get up for work. Before standing up, he substituted his chest with a pillow for Yumika with such swift movements in order to avoid waking her up. 

"Jeez..." his face was still red when he knelt down to pick up his clothes from the floor.

Last night sure was something. He was so focused on the actual event itself that he didn't even consider getting her pregnant. The more he thought about it, the more worried he got because he didn't recall using any protection. It would've been fine since they were married and all, but he and Yumika never actually discussed children.

Kakashi changed into his ninja attire, freshened up in the bathroom, and went into the living room to get to the kitchen. The door knocked several times, not helping his pounding head. His headache seemed to worsen upon seeing who it was.

"Guy..." Kakashi whispered.

"Well, good morning to you too!" he grinned. His eyes opened and he frowned, "You look like hell."

"Well, you are hell."

Guy sneered, "Aren't you a ball of sunshine this morning? You sure you're okay?"

"Yeah," Kakashi held a slice of toast between his teeth, "We have students to teach; let's go."

"Y'know, I could tell them you're exhaus--!" Guy started, but Kakashi shook his head.

Guy knew better to argue with his rival this early in the morning. He waited for Kakashi by the door, who then locked the house behind him.

"Hey..where's Yumimi?" Guy asked. "Man, she must be tired too!"

"Yeah," Kakashi agreed but felt his cheeks redden upon the memory of her. "She's..still asleep.."

They were quiet, the sounds of tiny twigs and leaves being crushed beneath their feet were heard.

"You stuck your kunai in her, didn't ya?" Guy said suddenly, breaking the silence.

Kakashi looked at Guy as if he punched an old lady, "What the fuck?"

"Well, isn't that what you're supposed to do on your wedding night?" the raven-haired man elbowed his rival hard, "My, my, what a sneaky devil!"

"Dude, shut up.." Kakashi elbowed him back in the gut, twice as hard.

Guy winked, "Hehe, I'm just teasing~."

They continued to walk in silence, until he piped up again, "Hey, at least you won't die a virgin!"

"Didn't I tell you to shut up just now?"

"Sorry, sorry." After a long silence, Guy spoke again, "Can I be the Godfather?"

"...excuse me?"

"If you got her pregnant, I wanna be your kid's g--!" he began to repeat, but upon seeing Kakashi's enraged face, his voice faltered. He broke into a run, screaming like a little girl, "AHHH!!"