One

A/N: Hiya! So this is my first Naruto fanfiction! This occurs after the Bridgebuilder mission with Tazuna and Team 7 but an AU where Zabuza and Haku don't die yet! Hope you like it! :) Comments are encouraged, votes are welcome! I do not own Naruto, only my OC :) Here's a picture I drew of her, enjoy~ Happy reading!

★Lee★

...

Sakura yawned as she walked across the bridge to the Academy. All the members of Team Seven had to wake at five and arrive at the bridge for their next mission. She tugged at her Genin head band, as she noticed Naruto and Sasuke waiting patiently for Kakshi Sensei. Her heart began to race as her eyes met the raven-haired boy.

"Hi, Sasuke!" she smiled cheerfully. "What's up?"

Sasuke sneered. "Hn. This day just keeps getting worse."

Naruto quickly blushed. "Hey, Sakura!"

Sakura sighed. "Hello, Naruto..."

The three Genin ninjas expected their teacher to arrive soon--since the three were already present--but no such luck. Naruto grew restless and started to play with his Kunai knives. Sakura began to twirl her rose pink hair with her fingers, humming silently. Even Sasuke began to kick some tiny pebbles around on the ground. They waited for what seemed to be hours, until Kakashi Sensei finally showed up. He jumped from a tree branch and landed on his feet. His right eye was shut tightly, to show that he was smiling.

"Sorry I'm late." he started, waving his hand. "I'm afraid a family of ducks were passing by my house, so I had to wait until they got across safely!"

Of course, Sakura and Naruto both lost their temper; raging in front of Kakashi. "You said that last time, sensei!"

"Anyways," he cleared his throat. "I have a mission for you all. We're heading back to the Land of Waves. "

Naruto was the first to object, "Did that tiny kid Inari run away and get lost again?!" He was referring to the bridge builder Tazuna's grandson, Inari.

Kakashi sighed, "No, Naruto..if you would just liste--!"

"That kid is always up to no good! What an ungrateful, no goo-!"

Sakura interfered with her fist, "Naruto, shut up and let Sensei finish!"

The silver haired man rolled his eyes, but continued, "Apparently, there has been an increased sighting of Kirigakure's hunter-nin around in the forest. A few have been poking heads in the village, so they wanted to call us over to check if everything is okay."

"So we're basically security guards?" Naruto whined. "LAME!"

"Hm, I think this is more like 'scouting'," Kakashi corrected, "and besides, you'll be surprised at how difficult this task actually is, Naruto."

"Especially for a moron like you," Sasuke added.

"Hey!" Naruto yelled, ready to hit him.

"Naruto!" Sakura elbowed him.

"Tch." The Uchiha turned to the other cheek, glaring at the ground.

Kakashi heaved a sigh. He was getting used to Naruto and Sakura's cat-fights. "And without further ado, we're off!"

The three set off for their journey in silence and arrived quite quicker than expected. When they got there, an old friend hurried to them.

"Team Seven, it's so good to see you again!" Tazuna rejoiced.

Kakashi cleared his throat, "Ah, yes, I hope everyone is doing well?"

"Yes, nobody has been hurt so far, thank goodness." the old man turned around, "But you'd better come and hurry before anyone does."

"Don't worry, sir," Sakura assured. "we'll make sure you guys are all safe!"

"Yeah, believe it!" Naruto pumped a fist in the air.

Kakashi nodded briefly while Sasuke slipped his hands into his pockets.

"You best be off, then." The bridge builder sighed. "I wish you good luck."

---

A/N: First chapter! What do you think? ^^

★Lee★