Five

The good thing was that Kakashi wasn't dead. He was in terrible condition, but still alive. He could hardly open his eyes, but whenever he would attempt, Kakashi would feel somebody's hand close them again. It was a soft hand.

He could smell food in the distance. Good food. Maybe this whole mission was a dream. Maybe he would still be in bed if he just opened his eyes. Just then, he felt the open air striking his face. Of course, to any other, this would be normal, but Kakashi knew something felt odd. He quickly burst his eyes open and felt his face: his jonin headband was gone.

Kakashi sat up abruptly, wincing out loud when he heard footsteps outside his door. "Hn!" he muttered, flexing his shoulder.

But as the footsteps got louder, he managed to sit up, using the bed frame behind him to sit.

The door opened, and a woman stepped in. His vision was a bit blurry still, so all he could make out was her peach apron and her white hair tied in a low ponytail. As he rubbed his eyes, he noticed her deep ruby eyes showing warmth and care. The woman gripped her hand on the edge of the door.

"Well, good morning.." she said in a quiet voice since it was prior to his waking. "How are you feeling, Kakashi?"

"Yumika..?" he tensed, sitting up straight, hurting his shoulder, "Ah..!"

"You shouldn't be moving yet," she stepped towards him, but he knocked her hand away.

"Stay back.." He warned, eyes hardening with anger. "Where am I?"

Her eyebrows upturned, showing guilt, "My house."

"How can I trust you?"

"Well, I rescued you rather than killing you," she started. "I spared your students as well.." She came up with a final reason, "I disobeyed my team to save you all. Is that enough?" 

He looked at her menacingly until the fire in his eyes died. Her face showed pure remorse now. There wasn't any point in putting up a fight in his condition now, anyways. If she wanted him dead, she would have taken advantage of his condition and killed him already.

He relaxed and allowed his body to slide back down onto the bed, "..alright. All valid reasons."

"Thank you.." she wearily smiled.

He looked away, realizing he'd been staring for too long. "Where is my headband?"

"On the nightstand next to you."

He leaned over and double checked, just in case. She pulled up a wooden stool and pressed a wrung out damp cloth against Kakashi's forehead.

She sighed, "You're doing pretty well, considering you were knocked out for about a day."

"Hm," he responded, "Have you heard from Zabuza and Haku yet?"

"I'm afraid not." She looked out the window, not knowing what to say next.

"Do you know what happened to them?"

Yumika looked into his eyes. "I'm not so sure.."

"Hmm.." he didn't seem too convinced, but he dropped his gaze. He tried to remember the final few moments before he passed out two days before.

"You know, I do hope he's alright." she went on, placing a hand upon her lower stomach. "I wouldn't want to raise our child all by myself.."

Kakashi's eyes widened. "Child? You mean Zabuza and you..?!"

Yumika chuckled, "You should've seen the look on your face when I said that!" (A/N: GUYS SHES NOT PREGGOS LOOL ITS A JOKE!! DW!! XD)

His shock turned into confusion, but he later gave a small smile. She returned the gesture, then turned away and stood up.

"You must be hungry." she stepped out of the room. "I'll go get you something."

Kakashi laid down back onto the bed, staring at the ceiling.

'I could get used to this.' he turned to the other cheek. 'But I'm still worried about the others...'

----

A/N: Hey! I hope you like the story so far! ^^

★Lee★