Fading

Note: I do not own any of these characters they all belong to Rick Riordan. This is just a fan fiction.
This is also my first story I ever put out so if you could give me some advice that would be very appreciated. I shall apologize in advance for the grammar and spelling.
Also, there will be for hundred mistakes. I mess up eye colour, facts and a lot of other things. It's been four years since I read PJO so my brain is still trying to remember everything.

Percy's POV

        The worst feeling is when you watch as everyone slips away and you can't do anything about it. It tears you up from the inside out until you feel like nothing but a shell.  When  tear tracks scar your face and your heart feels like it's shattered into a million peices. That feeling... its the feeling of fading. Do you know what it's like to fade? Have you felt pain to the point you're not sure if you want to live anymore? Have you watched everyone you love forget about you, ignore you? I know I have.

After the giants war my life started to fall apart. Each day was another day I had to put up with the pain. Every day until my eighteenth birthday. The seven wouldn't talk to me. All I could do was watch them and the others laugh and act like everything was okay while I was breaking inside. I tried visiting Black jack but even he would ignore. It was a feeling that ripped at my heart and stung my lungs. Each breath felt more like a weight on my shoulders than a gift of oxygen.

I found my self sitting alone during dinner and campfire. I could watch and listen as the people I loved joked and talked but I could not join. More and more people turned me a blind eye. I only saw Annabeth during capture the flag and meetings. Not that she would notice me. Meetings were the worst. I used to try and speak, get them to listen to me but now I just sulk silently in my seat that might as well be empty.

       Every time I tried to talk to Thalia or Nico they just continued on with their day as if I was a ghost. I was pretty sure Poesidon didn't even Remember he had a son son named Perseus. Everyday I was remind of how I didn't fit in.  I stuck to the shadows and kept my head down low. If they didn't want to acknowledge I was there, I might as well act like I wasn't. I had given up trying a long time ago.

During the day I spent most of my time at the beach. It was like the water was the only thing that could still see me. The waves didnt turn their back on me. They would forever carry me. I used to think the same about my friends.

It's like I don't even exist. I could punch them and the face and it would be like it never happened. I just want to have them back. I missed the jokes and the nagging. If they could notice me. If they could remember who I was. Even if just one of them was back. If Leo wasn't dead, if Grover wasn't missing, if... but that's all they'll ever be. Just ifs.

        I can't stand it anymore. This place I once called home was draining every peice of me I had left. What was the point of being there if it didn't feel like I was really there?

       I packed up my stuff and left. I only took a few things, a photo of my mom and Paul, Riptide and my camp necklace.  I raced towards the camp boarders not caring if I woke anyone up. It's not like they'd stop me.

     When I reached Thalia's tree. I took one look back at camp. For a moment I was happy. I got to enjoy it for a while now their was room for someone else. I was happy for my friends, they seemed happy. That is all that matters. It's better if I leave before I mess that up. 

      I stepped out of the boarders and felt a tear roll down my cheek. It was weird how single tear could feel as though the earth was quaking. I took a shaky breath. The cold sent shivers up my spine. I closed my eyes only for a moment.

     I could feel his presence before I even opened my eyes. He was tall and his black hair was cut short on his pale head. He wore a cloak around his shoulders and multiple knifes hung at his waist. The weirdest thing about him was the galaxy's in his eyes. They seemed to shift from star to nebula.

    I looked him in the eye. I knew who he was, anyone would be blind not to. Power radiated off him like he was the creator of the universe. Well, he kinda is.

     "Lord Chaos, a pleasure." I grinned bowing my head. It hurt to smile. It had been too long since I'd truly showed my teeth in joy.

   " Stop forcing it Percy, your smile should only  come from happiness." He frowned. "And please, it's just Chaos."

     I stared at the god in bewilderment. What was he doing here talking to a nobody?

   "Oh yes, I was getting to that." He answered as though he knew my thoughts.  I wouldn't be the first time my personal space was invaded. "I know the past year has been tough. I saw you running away and I couldn't let the opportunity slip. I am building an army. A safe haven for those who are lost, a second chance at life for some."

  "Let me guess you want me to join?" I assumed. The job description fit me perfectly. Warrior, I was one. Lost, yup.

  "No," He shook his head. " I want you to lead it."

   Those words hit me like rocket blasting off. It took a while for it to sink in. The leader of Chaos's army. No, he had to be lying. Why would he want me? I'm just... Percy Jackson, if I was even that any more.

  "I understand you may need sometime but I do hope when-"

  "Yes." I interrupted.

    "Pardon?"

    " Yes, I accept your offer." At first I was a little uncertain but now I knew it was what I wanted. "I, Perseus Jackson, accept your offer to lead the army of Chaos."

————————————————————————

That's the first chapter. It is horrible but I promise it gets better.