Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*

Start from the beginning

"Hey little one!"  The little girl hugged Xael while she giggled away with the most infectious laugh.  Xael rubbed their noses together which caused her to laugh even more.  Xael finally stood up as the mom approached, the little girl made grabby hands at Xael but she didn't pick her up.  

"I have picture?"   

Xael couldn't resist her cute little kid voice. "Sure!" 

"Oh, thank you!  She saw you during the opening ceremony.  She doesn't get to see very many half black Natives."  The little girl's mom was grateful. 

"I understand."  Xael knelt down next to her, careful of her dress, as the guys all took up spots behind them.  Pictures taken, the little girl ran off with her mom.  Her dress jingling away.  Xael raised to thank the guys when she saw an older white woman reaching out to touch Shado's feather bustle he left on the chair. 

"Don't touch that!"  Xael was quick to get her attention and the woman left the area.  Xael started to make her way back to cooking area when Viviene grabbed her and Shado's hand.

"Come on you two! They want to do the couples dance now! Let's go Beau! You're my partner!"

Xael didn't have time to react as Shado had suddenly grabbed her hand and was the one dragging her out to the dance area while Viviene and Beau held onto each other.  Shado made his way to the center. The announcer seeing the gorgeous couple designated them the lead pair. As he announced that the dance was starting, others came to get a good spot to watch while others came to join in.   Xael caught sight of her Grams, Ms. Vicki and Ms. Ester, all beaming.

As the music began, Shado held onto her tenderly and the two took off for the dance. They both couldn't help but laugh as they enjoyed the dance and the happy atmosphere.   Xael was actually enjoying dancing with the handsome Deputy, and he was indeed handsome. She saw a group of young women that had their eye on him since the men entered the area.

As they made their way around the dance area, Shado could tell she was slowly letting her guard down. Back, forth and around, the two led the rest of the couples until the music stopped.

Shado looked over at her, her smile was beautiful.

"Thanks Adam, hey I need to get going. I'll keep an eye out for you when you dance."

She squeezed his hand but he refused to let her go. "Uhh... Adam?"

"Hmn?"

"I need you to let me go so I can move..."

"Oh!! I'm sorry!"

Xael headed back to the cook area. What she didn't see was Viviene talking to the announcer. As soon as Xael reached her Grams, she heard her friend yelling for her.

"Xaely! Come on we're gonna dance for everyone!"

"What?" Xael had a look of shock on her face.

"What!!" Her Grandmother had a look of pure  and utter joy.

"Grab your shawl and come on! The music is going to start!"

Xael's Grandma and the other ladies grabbed her items for her and pushed her back to the dance area.

"I can walk ladies!"   Xael couldn't believe what her friend did. She heard the announcer.

Ladies and Gentleman! We have a special treat for you in the main dance area! I'm pleased to announce that Xael Thunder Wolf and Viviene Westcloud will be dancing for us shortly.

Xael was right behind her friend trying to make her way through all the people. As they neared the dance area, Xael caught a glimpse of Shado as he tried to get a good vantage point.  Viviene stopped to talk to Beau.