Chapter 40 - Never

Start from the beginning

He was tall so he scanned the top of the crowd, trying to find me amongst the people. After a few minutes, he gave up and walked away, disappearing into the buzz of pedestrians. I let out a deep sigh of relief before making my way further down the alley, deciding on taking the back route the rest of the way.

I was only about 5 minutes away, I should get there quickly. Once I do, I need to pack and leave again. Obviously, it is too risky settling down for too long like this.

I walked through an abandoned building, admiring the graffiti work on the walls. I got too distracted and by the time I noticed someone was there with me, it was too late for me to defend myself. They swung a knife in my direction, managing to slice the skin on my forearm. I winced in pain as I tried taking out my gun but they grabbed my wrist and slammed it against the wall in an attempt to loosen my grip.

Successfully, the gun dropped as we began to struggle, him losing his knife as well. He pushed my body against the brick wall with a force and I felt the sharp scratches against my back from the sharp edges. I hissed as I tried fighting him off.

My hands went for his face, pushing against it with an open palm, eventually using my arm as well. He covered my mouth with his hand in one firm grip as we continued to grapple. My body was aching and the pain in my back was definitely hindering my ability. I could feel my body sinking along the wall but attempted regaining my posture and steadying my feet.

The struggle continued for a minute more when I managed to bite down on his arm that he had beside my face with his hand grasping my hair

The struggle continued for a minute more when I managed to bite down on his arm that he had beside my face with his hand grasping my hair. He shrieked and I felt his grip loosen. I pulled back, giving me enough space between our bodies to bring my knee up to meet his genitals.

He groaned, hunching over as he released me entirely. I stepped to the side, grabbing my gun and aiming it at his head after cocking it. He was now on his hands and knees, grunting in pain.

"What the fuck are you doing, Javier!?" I yelled at him.

"Te deseo, Mamacita (I want you). It's been a while and I've heard through the grapevine of the kind of slut you've become. De Luca really had a good taste, didn't he? Ven conmigo, Sierra (Come with me). Let's take over the cartel together. Se mi reina (be my queen)." He still had the balls to act cheeky even with a gun to his head. I couldn't help the scoff that escaped me.

My temper was thin nowadays. I fired the gun, the bullet hitting the ground by his hand causing him to jerk and jump backward, his ass landing hard on the ground.

"Don't fuck with me, Javier!" I walked closer to him, grabbing his hair and pulling his head back, placing the gun's barrel underneath his chin.

He stared at me for a while, his eyes scanning my face. He then gave me an ominously smug grin before speaking.

"I guess the other rumors were true too. You betrayed your father and your people for the Italian pieces of shit. You actually love that asshole. You are such a disappointment. Your mother must be turning in her grave." He let off a sickly chuckle after speaking.