(31)

Hinata woke up aching in pain as he usually did after a beating. He didn't mind it though, he deserved it anyway. He was always fucking something up. Either for other people or for himself. One way or another he always managed to ruin something.

He sluggishly made his way to the bathroom where he could fully assess his injuries.

He did this so often it felt like he was stuck in a god damn time loop.

Fuck.

Hinata was now sporting a fresh black eye and multiple obvious bruises on his collar bones. Lifting his shirt and turning around, he located the source of throbbing, fiery pain that he felt emitting from his back. Another giant bruise...great. Thankfully his lashing injuries from a while ago had finally healed to a point where he was no longer worried about causing them to re-open from playing volleyball.

The bruising was going to make his life a lot more difficult though. There was no way that he could get away with it without being spoken to.

Sighing and trying to push the anxiety out of his mind, Hinata got dressed for the day and made his way down to his bike where he started his journey to school.

The whole way there, all he could think about was how the team would react. He knew they would be concerned but at the same time he assumed they didn't really care that much about him anyway.

As soon as he parked his bike, he tugged the hood of his sweatshirt up over his face to try and hide the bruise for just a bit longer. He also tried to make himself as small as he could be, which wasn't very hard since he was already short to begin with.

Hinata felt empty. He couldn't even bring himself to care if they found out. But remembering what his father would do to him if someone knew what he did to his son inside their home made hi heart beat faster and his palms begin to sweat.

Walking into the gym took so much effort that after he was inside, he felt exhausted to the point where he didn't want to practice anymore. He just wanted to turn around and go back to bed.

The chattering of the team soon fell silent as they slowly noticed the state of their orange haired middle blocker.

"H-Hinata? What happened to you?!" Suga started quickly jogging over to his younger teammate to assess for any other injuries, as he did this he noticed the bruising on his collar bone but chose not to point it out in front of everyone.

"It's nothing, I'm fine." His voice monotone and void of any emotion what so ever.

"That's bullshit and we all know it." Tsukishima spoke out.

"Hold on a minute Tsukishima, let's-" Daichi tried to interject.

"No! I'm so tired of sitting around waiting for him to be ready to talk to us! Hinata, we're all worried, including me surprisingly. We all see that something is wrong and we all want to help you but we can't help you if we don't know what the hell is going on."No one expected Tsukishima to be so passionate and direct. They all felt that he spoke for them and said generally what they all were dying to say.

Hinata's fists clenched and his jaw locked. His piercing eyes drilling holes into the floorboards.
Fuck fuck fuck.

"Just...please answer this, is someone hurting you?" Suga asked hesitantly.

"yes." He whispered. Voice hoarse with shame.

Some team members began to pace around the floor, gripping their hair and tugging at it hoping to pull out the pain they are feeling.

"Is it someone at school...or at home?" Suga continued, making his way closer to Hinata to lay a hand down on his shoulder in a show of comfort.

Hinata didn't know how to answer.