(5)

The night was filled with nothing but nightmares of his own murder by his drunken father.
He would be drowned in the kitchen sink for forgetting to wash a plate.
He would be impaled in the stomach by a beer bottle he had dropped and broken.
He would be strangled against his bedroom wall when he talked back to his father.

After every nightmare he awoke in a cold sweat and double checked the lock on his door, each time placing a new piece of furniture against his door slowly barricading himself in his now almost empty room.

However every so often, Natsu and his mother would appear in his dreams. They were alive, but not before long. His father would brutality murder them in front of his own eyes and then move onto his son. These dreams shook Hinata to the core. He almost preferred the previous dreams to these. In these dreams he would know what was about to happen but he was unable to warn his family. It was cruel and gruesome.

Weekends are the worst for Hinata. He would always try and find an excuse to get out of the house. Most of the time he just told his father that he was going to his Senpai's house for a tutoring session. Which is what he told his father this time.
As usual he responded with a grunt of acknowledgement. And shooed his son away.

During this time Hinata would mostly run and train or work out. This time however, he decided to go for a walk in the woods somewhat close to his home.
Before his mother and sister died, he was too frightened to go into the woods for fear of a monster coming out and killing him.
Now he realized that the monster was already in his home and that he wasn't afraid of dying.

After about 50 minutes of walking in the woods he came across a group of some shady looking people. They smelled like alcohol and drugs. Hinata could barely hear them speak.
"Hey guys who's the kid?"
"I don't know man, do you think he'll snitch?"
"Not if we give him some freebies he won't."
"Hey kid get over here!" One of them called out.
Now that Hinata was approaching them he could see them and understand them more clearly.
There were five people in total. Four guys and one girl.
The girl had long, dyed, blonde hair and her roots were starting to grow out, she was petite and very skinny. She was wearing some baggy ripped jeans and what looked to be a sweater from the 90's. She managed to pull off the look very well.
One of the other guys was also blonde,except he managed to hide most of his hair in a maroon beanie. He also wore a baggy sweater but he paired it with adidas pants.
Two of the other guys were brunet, one wore a button up shirt with jeans while the other was much more casual wearing jeans and a black hoodie.
Now the guy who had called out to Hinata wore black joggers with a black hoodie, he had curly brown hair and small eyes.
When Hinata approached them he found that they each had several bottles of alcohol around them. The girl was also taking a drag of a blunt, and couldn't look him in the eye for more than a second.

"What's up." He asked the group.
"Whatcha going around in these woods for?"
Hinata shrugged.
"I just needed to get out of the house so I went on a walk."
"Mmhm, well this area isn't safe for a young kid like you to be walking around. What's your name kid, how old are ya?"
"My name is Himata Shoyo, I'm a first year at Kurasano. "
One of the other boys' eyes widened.
"You're telling me that a little first year caught us? Oh my fucking god this has gotta be some kind of a jok-"
"Wait I caught you? Doing what?" He turned back to look at the boy. Hinata didn't care what these rebellious teens did. He was just glad to be anywhere but his house right now.
The 'leader' of them just started laughing.
"Oh Hinata, I like you," he turned to the rest of the group "I like this kid! He's a funny ol shit."

Then the leader went around introducing the other members in the circle.
"This here is Dylan and Garret." He spoke as he first pointed to the boy in the jeans and hoodie, then to the boy wearing the button up. He then pointed to the blonde boy stating that his name was Adam. Next he introduced the girl as Danielle but he also said that "everyone just calls her Dani." . When Dani was introduced Hinata finally got a chance to take a better look at her. At the very top of her hairline was a bruise, one that looked fresh. She had tried to cover it up but couldn't get it covered all the way. She also looked nervous, as if every crunch coming from the woods was about to snatch her away. He wondered what could have her so scared.
"And me, my name is Sam. Welcome to our personal circle of hell." He lifted his arms and swung them around as if he were a ringmaster in a circus, showing off his friends like exotic animals or fire breathers or sword swallowers.
"And now that you know about this, what are you gonna do. Technically we are on private property, and we are using illegal substances, and we're drinking underage. It's all up to you, you can either sit here with us and smoke a blunt, have a drink, or you could call the cops on us."
Hinata wondered why Sam was giving him all these reasons to call the police on them, and it seemed that his friends were too. As he listed the reasons their eyes grew wider, some tried to hit him to get him to stop speaking.
Then Hinata realized. They were all like him. Misfits. Outcasts. So afraid of going home that they risk their freedom to just let go of it all.
Sam took a hit of the blunt, blew out the smoke while coughing, and then raised it up to Hinata.
"So what'll it be."
No words came from hinata's mouth.
Only smoke.
No food entered his stomach.
Only liquor.
No happiness entered his mind.
Only a reprieve of loneliness.
No more emptiness.
No more worthlessness.
Nothing at all.

Hi peeps so I don't condone underage drinking and drug use but do what you wanna do I guess lmao who am I to stop you.
Also I just got back from vacation last night so expect updates more often!
Also please let me know how you like this so far and what I can do differently, or if you have any suggestions for how the story should progress let me know!❤️