(26)

After the sudden chaos of what had happened died down, Kiyoko asked that the team step outside since she would have to put cool compress on Dani's chest and didn't want her to be embarrassed.
Most of the team accepted the request besides one.
"What? You want me to leave?" Hinata confronted in disbelief. Scoffing to himself she shook his head and crossed his arms.
"I'm sorry Kiyoko-san but I'm not leaving her side...not after this....it's my fault she passed out anyway." His arms tightened around himself and his eyes looked down, clearly entering inner turmoil over what had happened. Hinata kneeled down and was about to cradle her hand when Kiyoko spoke once more.
"Hinata please. Once she wakes up I'll ask if she would like to see you but for now please just give her space." Hinata knew she was right,  he didn't want her to be right.
Dani had practically worn herself down to nothing all to get to Hinata. He wasn't sure what he was feeling anymore. Before he was angry and confused as to why Dani wasn't responding, but now he felt such extreme guilt over even being angry with her in the first place. But the strange thing was, he was still angry. Hinata's anger couldn't be directed at Dani anymore, his guilt would overtake him and cause him to collapse as well. So he decided to be angry at himself.
He begrudgingly left the gym, stealing one last look at Dani before Suga closed the doors.

He could feel the worried glances and lingering eyes. Everyone wanted to know what he was feeling even though it was quite obvious.

"Hinata." Daichi called out to him and waved him over to the left of the doors while the rest of the team stood more on the right side.
"What is going on. Is everything okay? Why does she have that black eye? Why are you really hurt? Please. You can talk to us. We can help. But we can't help if we don't know what's going on."
"Daichi-senpai I...I don't know. I don't know why she's hurt I-i don't know what to do...Please tell me what I should do I don't...I c-can't." Hinata's breath quickened as the tears began to flow. It was getting harder and harder to breath and it felt like everything was closing in on him. Hinata wrapped his fist around the collar of his shirt and extended it hoping that would allow him to get more air.
"H-Hinata are you okay?" Daichi asked hesitantly noticing the early signs of Hinata's breakdown.
"It's all my fault." He whispered. By now the whole team was tuning in on what was happening to the left of them.
"What do you mean it's your fault?" Daichi asked quietly as well, hoping to not stir the pot too much.
"Everything...I-I caused this. She ran to me...and I was...mad that she wasn't responding....and now she's passed out on the floor of the gym and she's fucking hurt and it's all MY fault!" His voice raised with each word he spoke.
Now the tears fell freely.
"Please I have to see her! I have to be by her side! Please Daichi-senpai!" Hinata began to push past his captain, eyes fixed on the door ahead of him. However Daichi was bigger than him, and Hinata was a clawing mess of tears and despair. It wasn't until the middle spikers small frame and quick reflexes allowed him to slip past the third year.
"Hinata no!"
Suddenly several pairs of hands were holding him back but his tunnel vision did not allow him to see who was around him.
He just cried and pleaded with his team.

It was a sight no one wanted to see. Their first year teammate so desperate and hurt.
Unknown to Hinata, Coach Ukai had arrived with Ennoshia in tow. They were both out of breath from running all the way from the foothill store.

The scene in front of Ukai was unlike anything he had seen before.
He knew Hinata as a ray of sunshine, a goofball, an irreplaceable decoy. But the Hinata in front of him was fragile and broken.
The sight made him freeze up for a second before realizing why he was actually there.

He entered the gym to see an impossibility skinny girl pale as snow. While she made eye contact with him, it was clear that she was not aware of her surroundings in the slightest.
"What happened?"
"She came sprinting in here looking for Hinata and then passed out...we don't know much else. We would take her to the nurses office but it's locked..." Suga said quietly.
"Maybe we should call an ambulance..." Kiyoko suggested.
Suddenly a whimper was heard from the girl beneath them.
"What was that sweetie?" Ukai spoke softly and put his ear closer to her mouth to hear her more clearly.
"no....a-ambulance...Hinata...where is Hinata?"
The three looked at each other, unsure of what to do.
The girl was becoming more and more alert with every passing second and the need for an ambulance seemed less and less necessary.