"She'll be here for two," he nods, "She won't want to turn up before the agreed time. I'll go pick her up at the hotel."

"You will not!" she scolds, "You've been drinking."

"Two Bucks Fizz," he scoffs, "I'm fine."

"Yes but once Roger gets here you won't be. I'll go pick her up."

"Are you sure?"

She nods, kissing his cheek, "Yes. I won't be able to drive in a while so let me do this."

That was true - with how close she had to sit to the steering wheel, it was only a matter of time before Baby Deaky started getting in the way.

"Alright," he nods, "If you're sure."

"I am. Oh! Let me go get your presents!"

John shakes his head as she disappears, reaching into the pan to sneak a bit of bacon before he added it to the omelette. That was the deal for the day; he'd make them breakfast and Roxy would take care of dinner.

Roxanne returns with three boxes stacked up on top of one another.

"Roxanne..."

"It's not much," she says quickly, "Really, it's not. Since I've left the diner, y'know, things have been a little-"

He cups her face and kisses her softly, interrupting her, "I don't care, love. They're from you, I'll love them."

She hesitantly pushes the boxes over to him, giving him a little smile.

The first one he opens is the sweater vest she got him. She loves him in them, he loves wearing them so that, that was a no brainer.

The second one was a photo collage with different photos of them throughout their relationship, a picture of their second baby scan and on the bottom of the frame, are the words Happy At Home.

"It's cheesy," she mumbles, toying with the bottom of his hoodie, "Like, it's really cheesy and I don't know...I thought it would be cute."

"I love it," he murmurs, running his finger over the photo Rebecca took of them at Disney and honestly, he thinks that this is the first time he's seen it.

The third one, that was the most expensive thing that she'd bought him, the one that she'd save up for. An Omega watch.

"Rox..." John says quietly and immediately, she starts panicking.

"Do you not like it?" she frets, "Is it the strap? I wasn't sure if I should get the black or brown...I should have got black."

"No, love, no," he shakes his head, kissing her cheek, "I love it but Rox, god, this is expensive."

She shrugs, "I wanted to get you something nice."

"Thank you," he says earnestly, "Do you want yours?"

She nods eagerly, confused when he turns off the hobs and reaches out his hand for her, getting even more confused when he leads her to the door, "Where are we going?"

"To get your gift," he smiles.

John covers her eyes with his hands when they reach the ground floor and slowly leads her outside into the snowy weather.

"John, it's cold," she whines and he really should have given her a jacket but they're not going to be out here for long.

"Alright," he murmurs, stopping just by the edge of the building's grounds, "Stop here for a minute and keep your eyes closed."