42 | one sided love

Start from the beginning

After a while, I notice that Jungkook was silently standing next to the door frame. As soon as my gaze meets his, he starts talking.

《Noona, he needs some time.》

He approaches me.

《Do you say that time is enough?》

《Yes, you will see that he will absorb everything and get used to having you around again.》

Absorb what?

《Do you know something I don't know?》

He looks at me surprised as if I hit the mark.

《No-no, I know it's like this. That is, you know it too. He gets angry, he vents on you in the cruelest way possible, but slowly, you know, then he softens.》

I look at him scrutinizing his expression, I didn't know he knew Taehyung so well. Not so profoundly.

ㅡ JUNGKOOK'S POV ㅡ

She peers at me with such intensity that I feel a squeeze in my stomach. For a moment, I imagine her looking at me like this, but in a completely different context.

I wish you could hear how my butterflies sound when you get close, or when you touch me.

《What are you thinking about, Kook?》

《Nothing in particular.》 I scratch my chin, the scene from before is etched in my mind.

I look at her sideways.

《Did-did Jimin kiss you?》

Before answering she stares at me lost, maybe she wasn't expecting my question.

《Yes he did.》 She answers, nodding softly.

《But it didn't mean anything.》 She looks down as if she meant something else too.

Did our kiss mean nothing to you too? Did I delude myself? I thought she felt something, at least a small part of what I felt.

I don't answer. I clench my fist and contract my jaw. I try not to show the annoyance it causes me. I feel my tongue-tied, I would like to tell her not to be touched by any boy, not to let her lips be kissed if not mine.

But I have no right to tell her this. I know I kissed her too, I swear that that day if she hadn't interrupted the kiss, she would've gone further. Much further.

But her ... I am just a kid in love and I will be like this forever for her.
I try to distract myself by asking her a question I'm curious about.

《What will you do after graduation?》

She shrugs, but with a sad air.

《I don't know yet.》

《Will you go back to your uncles?》

《Probably not.》

I thought she would return to her uncles where she was when she was pregnant.

《What do you miss most about that place?》

Her gaze lights up, like two small dark and shiny galaxies.

《The stars.》

She smiles and puts a lock of her black hair behind her ear, which had some particular holes and earrings: one was a small green dinosaur attached to her lobe as if it were biting her. It's her style. It makes me smile.

《The stars could be seen very well during the night. My uncles don't live in the city, they live in the suburbs, it's not like here in Seoul that there are only the lights of the skyscrapers.

《Would you like to go back?》

《Yes, those stars are magical. There I saw my first shooting star.》

I melt at the thought of her with her dark eyes and upturned nose looking at the sky and then having a surprised expression when she sees the star hurtling through the night sky.

《What did you wish?》

Her expression darkens.

《I uhm, I wished Taemin. That he would born strong and healthy.》

Her lower lip trembled slightly, she bites her tongue to hold back her tears. I know she hates crying in front of people.

《I'm sorry I didn-》

《It's okay.》

She takes my hand to reassure me. I swallow at sudden physical contact. She doesn't know the effect she has on me, I know that I gave her the impression of having just a crush or just wanting to fuck with her. But it isn't like that. My feelings go further. She has no idea how long I've been in love with her.

《What did you wish when you saw a shooting star?》 Chaerin asks me.

《I've never seen a shooting star.》

《Really?》 Surprised, her eyes open wide.

I nod.

《Someday you'll see one, I'm sure.》

《Who knows ...》 I smile bitterly.

A hard truth strikes me.

If I had ever seen one and if I had made a wish, would it have come true?

Or would my love for you remain one-sided?

I think nothing would change. My love for you will always be one-sided, you will never see that this heart beats only for you, you will only see what you want.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

My poor heart aches for Kookie 😣

Do y'all think that Jungkook is still a virgin? (In the story obviously😂)
If you remember, he said he would wait for her... but did he actually wait so much? 🤔 and probably will wait forever loool.

💜Thanks for reading!💜
Vote and comment as always my lovely readers! 💜