16. "I can't"

Jason's POV

    I stared at him as he sat in front of me, drink in hand and sipping it occasionally. He swirled his drink around while looking back at me, waiting for me to speak.

"Can I get you two anything?" I heard the women ask as she walked up to our section. He wanted to meet at a bar and the only open spot was in the VIP section, so we had half naked women walking around everywhere. My eyes however, weren't on any of them. One because I am in love with Kaylee and no women has seemed to make my head turn since I found her.

And the other reason is because of the many thoughts in my mind as I sit in front of the man who left in my darkest time. The man who was so hard on me, telling me I needed to grow up and be a man so I could help with the family business, that I still have no idea what is, just for him to act as if I was never in his life for seven years.

"No, thank you though sweetheart" Jeremy winked at her. She giggled quietly while nodding and turning away from us. "So-" He said, placing his glass down on the table and sitting up.

"We need to talk, son" He said, me clenching my jaw and shaking my head. "Don't call me that" I mumbled, him pursing his lips and sighing as he sat back in the booth.

"I'm glad you decided to come meet me for drinks" He smiled slightly. "I have tried contacting you a few times over the years but some girl would answer and say you didn't wish to speak to me. Either that or you would ignore the call" He said.

"What girl?" I asked, my eyebrows furrowing together. Kaylee wouldn't do that, she was too sweet to speak to someone that way. "Her voice was somewhat deep, she had an accent" He shrugged, me running my tongue over my teeth with my mouth closed. Natalie.

"I didn't know about those calls" I said, leaning back into the booth. "It's alright, I honestly didn't expect you to answer. That's why I showed up at your house" He said.

"Really dumb idea. That's a great way to get yourself killed" I said bluntly, grabbing the glass of the table and downing the whole shot of whiskey. I let out a relieved sigh while sitting the empty glass back down and looking back at him as she chuckled. "I'm not laughing" I said.

His smiled slowly dropped while he looked into my eyes, me holding my blank look at him before raising my eyebrows slightly.

"What do you want to talk about? I have somewhere to be" I said. Today was the day of Kaylees prom, she was more than excited but was stressed about us being on time. She was also told me I needed to come meet with my dad to move forward. Closure is what she called it, whatever that means.

After an hour of her following me around the house and Allison chasing behind her while she tried doing her makeup, I finally agreed.

I tried using her tight schedule as an excuse not to go but she said I would be sitting around for two or three hours before it was time for me to get ready and basically pushed me out the door.

"I want you to come to my business and see what it's all about. It's almost time for you to become the leader of the company" He said, me scoffing while shaking my head. "I would never want to take over a business that's ran by a scum bag like you" I said coldly.

"I understand you are upset with me but calling me names will not resolve any of this hostility" He said. "I don't want to resolve anything with you. You are a horrible man, a terrible father, and I'm sure you're an even worse boss" I said, standing up from my seat and reaching in my pocket for my wallet.

"I have to go" I mumbled, him standing up and reaching up to my arm to stop me. I moved my arm back and pulled out my wallet, opening it. "Don't touch me and don't contact me again" I said, tossing a hundred dollar bill down on the table and walking out.