12. "You what?"

Kaylee's POV

    It had been a month since I broke up with Bryant, no tears have been shed and there has been no discussion of him.

I learned that Jason shot to hurt, not to kill and that Bryant is alive. My dad moved him and his family far, far away from me. After a few threats, Bryant swore to never come near the house or me again.

"Ow, Jason" I whined, smacking his arm as he twisted my leg a little to get a better look at the high heel on my foot. The strap was messed up and when we left, Jason was rushing me so I didn't have time to fix it.

We were currently in the middle of a club, sitting in the VIP lounge. Allison and Alex were sitting beside us as talking about Alex not needing to drink because he was having to drive home.

"You whine a lot" Jason mumbled. I glared at him even though he was focused on my heel and couldn't see it. A few moments later, he gently tapped my ankle to tell me I could move it now.

"Thank you" I said softly, reaching beside me and grabbing my purse. I opened it up, grabbing the fake ID I had in there and pulling it out.

"I'm going to get a drink" I said, him chuckling and shaking his head. "You're seventeen, they aren't going to sell to you" He said.

"I'm twenty two" I said with a small smirk, flashing the ID at him. He reached out and tried to take it from me, me giggling as I pulled it back.

"Do your parents know about that?" He asked, me biting my lip and looking over at them as they whispered in each others ear, probably talking about what we were going to do once the rival gang arrived. "Are you going to tell them?" I asked, turning back towards him.

"Nah" he shrugged, I smile and stood up. "Then no, they don't".

I made my way over to the bar, wiggling my way into a spot and waiting for the bartender to come to me. There was a guy standing next to me that was trying to act casual as he turned and looked at me.

"Hi, I'm Ethan" He said as he raised his hand up, me turning towards him and giving him a small smile. "Kaylee" I said, shaking his hand quickly then letting go.

"You come here a lot?" He asked. "No, I have only been here once or twice" I lied. This was the club we came to at least once a week for meetings. I had been coming to this club specifically for as long as I can remember. They used to let me stay in the office with the women who owns the place when I was younger, she loves when I come and hang out with her and sometimes I still do.

After you come here so many times and never really do anything except sit there and wait while the guys take care of business, it gets boring.

"What can I get for you" The women smiled at me as she stepped up to the bar. "Can I get a shot of cherry bomb" I asked, her nodding as she quickly started putting it together.

"Would you wanna get outta here?" He asked, I giggled slightly while turning back towards him. "No, she doesn't" I heard Jason say to Ethan as he walked up behind me.

I saw his hand reach around and grab one of the shots off of the bar, downing it and sitting the glass back down. My jaw dropped as I looked up at him before turning back to the bartender who had the same look on her face.

"On the house" She said, pouring me another shot. I quickly grabbed it and downed it without thinking. I fought back on making a face because it wasn't as tasty as I thought it would be.

"It was nice meeting you" Ethan mumbled as he tapped the counter with his fist a couple times before turning and walking off. "You too" I said softly.

I turned back towards the bartender, her staring behind me at Jason who I'm sure was still staring Ethan down.