8. "Nothing, I'm fine"

Kaylee's POV
                            *One Month Later*

His eyes were filled with anger, his vein in his neck was starting to pop out and he was holding my phone in his hand while he other hand was balled into a fist. I on the other hand, already had tears forming in my eyes after he accusing me of cheating as soon as I walked through his bedroom door.

He tossed my phone, not looks where he was putting it and started walking towards me. I had a bottle of water in my hand, because I had just gotten back from the kitchen, but nothing was stopping him from coming closer by the seconds.

"Who the fuck is Luke?" Bryant yelled at me. He gripped onto both of my wrists and pulled me closer to him, me gasping as my body went flying towards his, the bottle of water flying out of my hands. "Let go" I sobbed only getting him to pull me closer to him, gripping onto my chin, forcing me to look him in his eyes.

"H-he's- he's just a friend" I struggled to say in between sobs, tears continuing to stream down my face. "Please let me go Bryant!" I cried as I placed my hands on his chest, trying to push him away, that only making him angrier.

He let go of me, raising a clenched fist and punching me in my jaw, me not expecting that, it making not only my head but my body turn, me falling onto the floor. I let out another sob as my body hit the ground, my hands going first to hold me from face planting. I slowly looked up at him, seeing his eyes instantly fill with regret as he quickly kneeled down beside me.

"Don't touch me" I whimpered. I slid back a tad, pulling my knees up to my chest while wrapping my arms around my legs. I was sobbing uncontrollably, to the point where the neighbors could probably hear me.

"Baby, I'm so sorry" he said, sitting down beside me. "Please let me hold you" He whispered, my eyes looking over at him slowly, not knowing if I were to tell him no, if he would hit me again. He slowly slid his hands under me and lifted me up, pulling me into his lap. I wanted to push him away from me and run out of his house, but I was in shock at what had just happened. I needed to pull myself together, quickly and get out of here.

"I don't know what happened, I just- I got angry when I saw the two of you talking and thought you were cheating on me. I'm sorry baby girl" he said kissing my forehead repeatedly. He finally stopped kissing me and laid his head on top do mine.

I slowly wrapped my arms around his torso, laying my head on his chest while he held me as tight as possible. This is the Bryant I had never met before, the Bryant I didn't know could ever exist because of how sweet and loving he had always been with me.

"It's okay" I mumbled, not knowing what to do. I had never been hit by someone I was dating before. One minute you get told you're beautiful and the best you're getting punched in the jaw.

"You're not mad, right?" He asked making me look at him, his eyes staring into mine as he examined me. "No" I said quietly, not knowing if he would get angry at me and hit me again if I said 'yes'. I was terrified of him now. Terrified of my own boyfriend...

"I have to go home" I said, still being quiet while getting out of his grip and standing up. I didn't look over at him after I had gotten up, but I did see out of the corner of my eye that he was standing up as well.

I made my way to his dresser where my pocketbook was sitting. Once I had reached it, I raised my head to see my jaw was already slowly bruising.

I needed to cover this up but I needed to get out of here and away from him even more. I could apply makeup later, but I needed to think.

"I'm sorry" he said, wrapping his arms around my waist, making me jump slightly. I was so focused on the bruise that I hadn't even noticed him walking up behind me.