Chapter 17

I woke up to be surrounded by dark green walls. I trying to move but my stomach hurts. I looked down to see dried up blood. Everything came back to me. Did Latrelle shot me. Did he want me dead. Why is it so cold. "Jade" I heard. I looked around but didn't really see anything because my vision was still blurry. "Please wake up. I need you" I heard. I turned my head to see Latrelle laying his head on part of the bed that I wasn't on. "La-latrelle" I stuttered. "Thank God your ok" he said. I felt something brush against my stomach cause me to groan.

"Sorry" he said causing me to relax a little more till I remembered what he did. "I swear to God if Ruby is dead I'm going to kill you myself." I said. "I'm sorry". "Sorry won't do anything. I've been through too much in these last couple of months to hear you say 'I'm sorry'. It doesn't mean anything to me" I said. "Look. I really didn't mean for this to happen. God I sound like a punk" he said. Now that my eyes adjusted to the room, I could see his face and his puffy hair. "Just because you have feelings doesn't mean your a punk". "That's not what I've been told". "Who told you that". "Who didn't tell me that". "I didn't tell you that." I said. "My dad says women need a strong man to handle things. Not some emotional punk." Latrelle said.

In all honesty what does his dad know about girl's. He's dating a crack head. "Your dad's opinion doesn't matter. Especially coming from someone who thinks he's all that because he wears dark green and has a gun." I said. "Don't talk about him that way." Latrelle argued. "Then don't bring him up" I said. "You asked a question and he just so happened to be an answer". "Never said you had to talk about him. You could have said anyone. You just so happened to talk about him" I said. "You two fight like a married couple" A voice said.

I turned my head to see who it was. I didn't recognize him. "Shut up Martin" Latrelle said. "Watch who your talking too. I'd shoot you if it wasn't for your Pops. You'd be died in the streets" this Martin dude said. "Do me a favor and shut up" I said sitting up. "Now you got your girl talkin for you. Your pitiful". I grabbed a near by vase and through it at him. It would have hit him if he didn't duck. "The hell wrong with you" he said causing me to just smile. "Leave them alone Martin" some girl said and closed the door. "You should lay back down" Latrelle said. "Nah. I going home" I said getting up grabbing my charged phone and putting on my shoes very slowly.

Latrelle started to talk to me but I wasn't listening. Who shot me. Should I just be bold and ask him. Hey did you just so happen to shoot me. I stood up slowly and started to walk which took a while to get used to. "I'll see you later" I said than left. When I got in the porch I seen a lot of Prophet's. It looks like they were waiting for something but I didn't pay then any attention not even noticing some of the Santos car. I just keep walking and thinking about any thing that came to mind. Somehow I ended up at Corey's house. I guess I was scared to go home.

What if my parents made us move. Yeah I didn't like it over there but still I would be leaving behind everyone. I knocked in the door and Corey opened it. "Jade" he said pulling me inside. Someone cleaned up my wounds as I explained what happened. "I swear to go if he shot you" Corey started. "I didn't ask." I said. "Well you should have." Someone else said. "I honestly just wanna get away from this place for a while." I said. "Stay here. You can go to school with us. Plus we can continue to train you. Make sure nothing like this happens again." Corey said.

"You can even join our gang" the girl who cleaned up my wounds said. "I don't know about anymore gang stuff." I said. I almost died because of stupid gang stuff. The last thing I need was to be apart of one. "How about you just be with us but not apart of it. When it comes to Santos and Prophet's we won't put you in that kind of stuff but anything else, your in it" A guy said. "I guess" I said. I don't really have anything else to do. I could end up getting killed but after getting shot three times I feel different. Not fearlessly stupid but different. Although agree to be apart of a gang is stupid.

After that whole talk the next couple of months I stayed with Corey. I told my parents and Jamal but no one else. I still checked in with everyone but when they asked me were I went I didn't reply. Me and Corey have been training and it's going good. Today I was hanging out with Latrelle. I was going to finally ask him who shot me. Getting dressed I wondered how I was going to tell him.

 Getting dressed I wondered how I was going to tell him

I wore this with some black shorts and white vans. Grabbing my phone, I started to walk to Latrelle's house. "Where you been" he asked once I came into view. "Around". He came up to me and we started to walk for a while till we reached some park. I had to ask him. "That night. I ran away from you I was shot." I said. He looked uncomfortable. "Did you shot me" I asked. "Jade" he started but he was cut off. "Who else would have done it." the voice said causing us to turn around. Oscar.