Chapter 1

I was always a happy one of the group. I liked to sing, dance, and do anything active. My sister Maya on the other hand was the complete opposite. Unfortunately, she got jumped into a gang, which one exactly I'm not too sure. She liked to keep that private to protect me I guess. 

Anyway, today was a school day like always. We were at the end of the year btw. I got up and put on this

I did my hair then went downstairs and saw my sister. "Hey Maya" I smiled and got some cereal. "Hey" she said and went on her phone. "What you doing" I asked. "Talking to a friend," She said as our brother came into the kitchen. He was leaving for college in Florida today. I went up and hugged him. "I'm going to miss you. Please stay safe and let us know when you make it and get settled" I said and went back to finish my food.

"Come on Jade we gotta go" Maya yelled rushing me "I'm coming," I said running out the door to catch up with her. On the way, I met up with some friends since my sister and I went to different schools. She was a junior and I was only in 8th grade. So glad today was the last day. I could not stand this place any longer. I'd rather be at home watching The Vampire Diaries or something

"Jamal" I smiled giving him a side hug. "Hey," he smiled. "Well, I'll talk to you at lunch. Mrs. Johnson has been on my ass about being late" I said as we got to my home room. "Ok I'll see you then" he said and left and I walked in to take my seat. I was greeted by my friend Morgan who started telling me about all the tea she learned over the last couple minutes and one thing about this girl is she can get more information then a room can get dust.

Soon class was over and I gather my stuff to walk with Monse to go to lunch. We passed a lot of high schoolers since they were able to leave for lunch. Most of them hung around the chick-fil-a that was down the street. "Soon that's going to be us" Ruby said as we got to the lunch table. "Yeah but we still are going to be the little kids to them" Jamal said. "Yeah. It's like we're starting all over again" Monse said. "But we'll have my older sister." I smiled. "Your sister is pretty well known. " Cesar said praising her. "She is pretty cool" I said.

Soon we left for home and Ruby said they were going to a party tonight. I mean they weren't invited but they were going to hang out in the ally. Sadly I couldn't go because this summer I was going to focus on dance. I said goodbye to my friends and went home to get ready for bed.