Chapter 16

Today was Olivia's birthday party and I was actually excited. I was ready to get hype. "Jamal are you going to Olivia's party." I said him putting on some clothes. "I'm going to be late, but I'll be there" he said. "Alright I have to go but I'll see you later" I said hugging Jamal then running home. Once I got there I was meet with my sister and parents. Oh Lord here we go. Next thing you know I'm sitting on the couch getting yelled at.

In the end I was grounded for the next 2 months and this party was the last thing I was still able to go to. Mainly because they would be there to keep an eye on me. They took my phone but not my phone. See they took my back up phone. My phone I use is upstairs probably still on the charger. I went upstairs and into my room and started getting ready even though the party isn't till later on tonight.

I wanted to get my nails done and hair down which might take longer than I would think. I went and took a nice shower to get dressed in this.

Then went out with my sister even though I really didn't want to

Then went out with my sister even though I really didn't want to. I could have sworn someone was watching me but no one was really around. My nails were done in a coffin lavender purple to match my dress and my hair was treated with a nice wash and curl. It shouldn't have taken as long as it did but I wasn't the only person there.

Once we got home I went straight to my room and started to clean up a bit since it was a little messy, also light a candle because what not. I sat on my bed and stared off into space till a light knock came from my window. Turning towards it I seen Latrelle only causing me to turn back. The last thing I needed was my parents finding out he was here after they just yelled at me. I'm lucky to even still be sleeping in a bed and not the floor.

Then I heard my window open and he stepped inside, but I never turned to face him. I felt him sit behind me on the bed and hug me but I didn't react. "Baby" he said rubbing my side's. The way he said it made me just want him even more than I already did. "You can't be here" I whispered. "But I am". "Your going to get both of us killed." "We'd be free and together" . "Your crazy." "Only for you". "You should leave". "Yeah I should, but I know you don't want me to." He said.

"It's for the best"  I said still not looking at him but taking his hands off my waist. "Look me in my face and say it." He said. "Me and you both know I can't do that. That's why I'm not looking at you. I'd get distracted and confused. I care about you to much for you to get killed because of me." I said. "So you don't want me" he said. I could hear his voice crack a little but I know he wouldn't dare shed a tear.

"Yeah. I don't want you." I said. If this is what gets him to leave and not digging both of us in a even deeper hole then I'd say it. We both know it was a lie. He turned my head to face him and I closed my eyes. I wanted this to be a dream so we didn't have to do this but this was reality. I felt his lips press against mine with just as much passion as the first one we shared. Maybe even more.

He pulled back and rest his forehead on mine. "You'll always be mine. No matter what happens." He said then left mumbling "If I can't have you no one can" under his breath but it was too low for me to hear it. I hate it because I know it's true. I'd always be his. "Sis get ready" My sister said looking at me. I just got up and walked toward her "I'll meet you guys there" and shut the door. I just wanted to be alone.

An hour after they left I kind of moped around. I got up and started to get dressed and put on a bit of eye shadow with eye liner giving myself a wing.

I then started to make my way toward the party making sure to grabbed my lather jacket along with a mini backpack filled with stuff I might need

I then started to make my way toward the party making sure to grabbed my lather jacket along with a mini backpack filled with stuff I might need. Plus Olivia's present. she wouldn't get it till after the party though.

On my way there I felt uneasy. "Where were you" my parents said talking with Oscar before they noticed my presence. I just walked past them and went inside. I seen Olivia in her dress. "You look great Liv" I said hugged her right as if I was never going to see her again. We then went outside and started dancing. Ruby pulled Olivia inside to give her a birthday present.

"Hey" Cesar said coming up to me. "Hey" I said then fixed his tie. "Thanks. I just wanted to say thanks for giving me another chance. I'm glad we are friends" he said and hugged me. "I'm glad we are friends too". Soon Ruby and Olivia both came back with smiles on their faces but so quickly it wasn't there anymore. Fear, terror and tears filled there eyes and Cesar pulled me to the ground with him shielding me but I could still see.

"Latrelle" I whispered and he quickly ran away. I looked over and ran to ruby. "Ruby. Keep looking at me ok" I said putting pressure on this wound. "Someone call 911. Please" Ruby's mom yelled. I rapped one of my arms around her pulling her toward me. "It's going to be ok. Hold pressure here" I said moving her hands toward his wound. I ran in the house and grabbed a wet rag, some peroxide, and I got shirt. I ran back outside and ripped open ruby's shirt. I didn't even check on Olivia.

My parents were helping her so I thought she'd be fine. I cleaned most of the blood and poured a little bit of peroxide to keep it clean. Then I rapped a shirt around his body and tied it over the wound pulling it, in hope to stop a lot more blood from coming out. The ambulance and police came taking both Ruby and Olivia away. "You're going to Jamal's it's safer." My parents said and with that I began to walk to Jamal's which wasn't to far away.

Not the smartest but didn't seem like they cared. I texted Jamal that I was coming to his house. On the way there I had to past Latrelle's house. He was sitting on his porch along with some other people causing me to walk faster. I was scared but I just keep walking. "Jade" Latrelle said causing me to walk faster. I heard his foot steps get closer causing me to start running only to get pulled back.

"W-what" I said scared he might still have the same gun he used on my friends. "I love you" he said. "Why'd you do it" I said and started crying. "Because I had to. Just like I have to do this" he said but before he could to anything I kicked him really hard and ran. I didn't wanna put Jamal and his family in danger so I ran the other way. I felt a sharp pain. Over and over. I feel to the floor not being able to move any more. I knew I had been shot 3 times once darkness filled my vision.