Details Details Details*

Start from the beginning

"Oh honey, I'm so sorry. But your home now, things will be better."

"I know grams, they already are."

Her grams kissed her on the head. "Get some rest dear. Oh, no Indian tacos tomorrow, save those for the powwow!"

"Ok, night grams, love you."

"Love you two hun, now let's both get some rest."

Xael helped her grams clean up her beadwork and made sure the house was closed up for the night. She would leave 'Fric & Frac' asleep on the couch.

The morning came bright and early. The next day was the powwow and Xael was actually excited about it. She walked into the living room to see the furry hooligans still asleep on the couch.  Seeing movement in the kitchen,  she went to investigate; it was her grams starting her a cup of coffee.

"Morning grandma!"

"Morning hun. So what are you going to do for lunch at the diner?"

"Just sandwiches."

"Sounds good!"

"You know grams, I'm excited for the powwow. I missed the drums, the songs, dancing..."

"I'm excited too! So what outfit were you able to bring?"

"The white one."

"Ohhhh Hun! You will definitely turn heads, maybe one in particular!"

Her grams gave her a devilish laugh. Xael didn't even want to get her started this morning about the Deputy again.

"Let's go grams."

After letting the pups out for a bit, the two headed to the diner. This would be an easier morning as Xael had most of the things already done for the day so the two took it easy. Xael had plenty of bacon and sausage ready to go for the omelets along with potatoes. After the meat was done, she opened the front door for some fresh air and sat the cinnamon rolls out to rise before baking.

30 minutes before opening, Ms. Vicki and Ester showed up as Xael popped the cinnamon rolls in the oven.

"Morning ladies."

"Morning Xael, you going to the powwow tomorrow?"

"Yes Ms. Vicki, I'll be there."

"Good!"

The three ladies did their morning routine of sitting at the counter and having the first cups of coffee. Xael went to the back to finish the cinnamon rolls with a generous drizzle of cream cheese frosting. She plated one and sat it in front of the ladies, as they clapped excitedly.

"You know Xael, you keep cooking like this, you're going to snag yourself a Mate!"

"Just enjoy the sweets Ms. Ester."

Sheriff Skylar walked in and sat at the bar.

"What's that?"

"Cinnamon rolls!" Ms. Emma was still munching away.

"You want one Sheriff?" Xael was resting against the grill.

"I sure do and a cup of coffee too, if you don't mind."

Ms. Emma got him the coffee while Xael brought him a fresh cinnamon roll right out the oven.

As the Sheriff took a bite, he closed his eyes and exhaled.

"Dammit Xael, you are a Goddess. Damn your cooking is good!"

"That it is Sheriff!" Deputy Shado walked in with a smile on his face.