0.1

Amelia's POV

"Watch where you're going!?"

"Sorry," I yelled as I almost rammed into a man tuning to get to the museum.

'Milo, will never forgive me for being late to his meeting with the museum board.'

I arrived at the museum and opened the door hurrying down to the boiler room.

As soon as I ran threw the door Milo was beginning his proposal. He paused for a minute as I hurried to my sit by one of the
'Board members'.

He gave me a scolding look causing me to sheepishly smile at him. He cleared hid throat and turned back to his audience. I leaned back into my chair and watched my brother give his proposal.

"Good afternoon,lady and gentlemen. First off, I'd like to thank this board for taking the time to hear my proposal. Now, we've all heard of the legend of Atlantis, a continent somewhere in the mid-Atlantic, that was home to an advanced civilization, possessing technology far beyond our own that, according to our friend Plato here was suddenly struck by some cataclysmic event that sank it beneath the sea.

Now, some of you may ask, why Atlantis?"

I watched as he began holding large que cards showing different centuries and cultures. I began to wonder how he was able to get them ready so fast since we really never left Washington D.C. to travel.

"It's a myth, isn't it," he continued his proposal.

"Pure fantasy.Well, that is where you'd be wrong. 10,000 years before the Egyptians built the pyramids,Atlantis had electricity, advance medicine, even the power of flight. Impossible, you say? Well, no. No, not for them. Numerous ancient cultures all over the globe agree that Atlantis possessed a power source of some kind, more powerful than steam,then, then coal. More powerful than our modern internal combustion engines."

'I knew all that light hours would pay off. I can still see the print in my head as i sleep.'

"Gentlemen, I propose that we find Atlantis, find that power source and bring it back to the surface. Now this is a page from an illuminated text that describes a book called The Shepherd's Journal, said to have been a firsthand account of Atlantis and its exact whereabouts. Now, based on a centuries-old translation of a Norse text, historians have believed the Journal resides in Ireland."

Milo really is determine to to show the board members that he is serious to find the Journal and find Atlantis. If grandpa was here right now, He would be so proud of Milo finding the Journal and showing the board that the Thatch family isn't crazy.

"But, after comparing the text to the runes on this viking shield," he grunted as he picked up a viking shield that weighs more than him, since he's mostly a thin to the bones.

" I found that...That one of the letters had been mistranslated. So, by changing this letter and inserting the correct one, we find that The Shepherd's Journal, the key to Atlantis, lies not in I... Ireland, gentlemen. lady."

"But in Iceland."

"Pause for effect," he whispered to himself as he grinned at us.

Even thou this is only practice I still gave him an encouraging smiled and motion him to continued. I know he will finally get this proposal for this funding for Atlantis.

"Gentlemen, lady, uh, I'll take your questions now."

As soon as he said the phone rang, he looked at it and looked back at us with nervous look.

"Uh, would you gentlemen and Lia, please excuse me for a moment?"

And with that he jumped on his chalk board, causing it to tilt backwards to where the phone is located.He answered it while laying on the board.

'He's going to have half of the map on him soon as he's done with the call,' I thought as i smirked at Milo.

"Cartography and Linguistics, Milo Thatch speaking," he said with a smile.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After he finished the call and fixed the boiler he continued his proposal and the clock chimed.

Milo dusted himself off and smiled at me. I got up from my seat and followed my brother to his desk and began helping him gather up his paper for his proposal.

"Ah, showtime, Lia."

Milo looked at me and smiled.

"Well, this is it,Lia. I' am finally getting out og the dungeon, Lia."

As we began walking near the steps, we stoped by a picture frame of our grandfather and us when we were children. Milo picked up and smiled at  the photo. i smiled as well. i could remember that day. Grandpa picked Milo and sat him on his lap and i just stood by the chair watching  him put his jungle hat on Milo's head, because Milo wanted to try it on. i laughed as soon as he put it on his head it fell over his eye causing him to frown,because it was to big for him.

We smiled at that memory. Milo sat the photo back down and opened the small cabinet reveling the same hat of your late grandfather. Milo picked it up and put it on his head. He grinned at me, but i laughed as soon it fell over his eyes causing him to frown.

"Don't worry,Milo. You'll grow into it someday."

"Ha ha."

I heard a tube sender make a sound causing me and Milo look at walk over to it. Milo grabbed the tube and opened it. Inside was a letter from the board members.

"Dear Mr. Thatch, this is to inform you that your meeting today has been moved up from 4:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.."

What?

Milo looked at the clock and gasped. i look at it as well and gasped. The clock read 4:04 p.m.! Those jerks! They did this on purpose!

"What," Milo Said.

Then another tube came down and he opened taking out another letter. I already have a bad feeling in my gut for what that letter says.

"Dear Mr. Thatch, due to your absence, the board has voted to reject your proposal. Have a nice weekend. Mr. Harcourt's office."

"What!?"

"They can't do this to me!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as we get to the conference hall we seen Mr. Harcourt and the other board members begining to leave.

"Milo! There he is!"

"Mr.Harcourt" he yelled.

"Good Lord!"

I heard one of the members said. I ran behind Milo catching his papers that came loose not paying attention to the board members and milo.

As I looked up I saw the members and Mr. Harcourt running from them. I stopped and finished picking up the papers and saw Milo was gone.

"Crap!Milo!"

I quickly ran after him only to find him on the ground with a letter of resignation beside him. I crouched down to him and looked at him. He was wet and had a sad look on his face.

"Oh,Milo..."

I helped him up and fixed his wet clothes. I could her the thunder an  it began to rain. He looked at me and gave me a small smile. I returned it and began pulling him in the direction home.

"Let's go home,Milo. We'll try again Monday," I said softly.

He nodded and we began our journey home.
_____________________________________________________________________

First chapter and I'm loving it so far!

I hope you like it!!😁