Part 17

Donovan

I didnt mean to cut her off and blow up on her pops like that, but why i gotta walk in my crib to a nigga talking down on me. A nigga who aint never even tried to get to know me. And what the fuck she mean she the reason she got shot. She had me confused as fuck and she had some explaining to do. She been locked in my bedroom since she kicked her dad out. How the hell she locked me out of my shit I don't know, but I decided to give her some space. Her dad was outta pocket and i know she was still upset about it.

My phone rang and I ignored Donna's phone call for the millionth time because I knew she was calling about her little boyfriend. She been calling me since the night i left her crib to go get the nigga. She was gone have to chuck that up like a big girl, because once he brought my son up he should've known his life was over.

"Dad!" DJ came running out the backyard as soon as he saw me walking up.
"Wassup son, you was good for yo granny?" I scooped him up and kissed him on the forehead.
"Yeah i had fun! I got on a rollercoaster that go around and around then i got on one that shoot up high in the sky real fast and it made my stomach go crazy in the inside! We gotta go there again dad!" I laughed at how excited he was.

My mom took him, my niece, and some of his other cousins to Knotts Berry Farm this morning and i'm assuming that went well.

Ever since my dad got killed she put all her time into her grandkids, and she spoils them every chance she gets. I mean don't get me wrong..she spoiled them when he was alive, but it's worse now.

"Yeaaaaa? You wasn't scared?"
"Nope i was a big boy, i got on a lot of times too!"
"Aw yeah we gotta go back so i could see that for myself, i think you was cryin like a baby."
"I aint no baby, go ask granny yourself!" He ran off towards the rest of the kids in the backyard and I just shook my head. My son was growing up way too fast and i don't know how i felt about that shit.

I went to the living room where my mom usually chilled. Love and Hip Hop was on TV so i know she was in here somewhere.
"Ma, You miss --" I stopped in my tracks when i saw she wasn't on the couch.
I walked upstairs to her bedroom to check if she was in there.
"Ma, where you at?" I knocked two times and when I didn't hear her I opened the door.
She wasn't in her bed or her bathroom.
I walked back downstairs to the backyard to see if she was outside with the kids, but still no trace of her.
"Aye, where yall granny at?"
"She told us she was going to papa room." Deanna yelled.

I walked towards my pop's man cave he had in the back of the house. The only time she went in there was when she was going through something or when she just didn't wanna be bothered.

I hesitated to walk in but I had to at least make sure she was straight. I haven't been in this room since my pops was alive.

I walked in and she was sitting on the floor with pictures sprawled out in front of her. She must've felt my presence because as soon as I walked in she turned around.
"Wassup baby? Wanna hit this?" She smiled at me but I knew she had been crying because it was showing all over her face. I chuckled at her and took the blunt. I hit it a couple of times and passed it back.

"You good ma? Why you in here?" I sat on the couch looking around the room.

When I decided to move out, my pops built me a man cave in my crib but it didn't look as good as his shit. He got his remodeled and it was shitting on mines. The day it got done he called me to make sure i visited to check it out. He had a movie theatre club vibe goin on. A bar sat in the corner with all types of liquor you can name, a big ass TV that covered the whole wall, a stripper pole, theatre lights on the walls, and he had a bigass bed in the corner for when my mom put his ass in the dog house.