Part 12

Kalani

I looked around and I was in my old house at the top of the staircase. It was quiet and cold, which was real strange. Why am I here? I left this life a long time ago..

My eyes focused on a dark skin man, about 5'9, and a devilish smile to match his white pearly teeth. He walked right passed me as if he didn't see me standing there.

I followed him into the bedroom.

"Why you always wanna play with me? You didn't see me calling your phone?" He asked

It was Jeremy. This was just a nightmare and I couldn't stop it.

"I called you back and got no answer." I spat

"You ain't call shit. Where u been all day?" He asked with anger in his voice.

"I was out shopping for my baby. I told you that before I even left the house. Chill out." I said

"Bitch don't tell me to chill out. When I call the phone you answer it. Out bein a lil hoe and wanna use my baby as an excuse." He spat

"You sound insecure as fuck. You so scared of a nigga taking your place it's ridiculous. If I was out hoeing you'd know, trust me."

Before I could turn my face I was being slammed into the wall. He stood over me and punched me in my jaw.

"Bitch don't ever disrespect me. Can't no nigga take my place. I do everything for you bitch!" He yelled

I tried to get myself off the ground, but I felt so weak. I sat on the ground holding my stomach as a sharp pain shot through it causing me to yell out in pain.

How did I let shit get to this point...I can't keep dealing with this shit.

He grabbed me by my hair and held me by my neck with a tight grip for what seemed like forever before he let me go and I fell on the couch.

"Kalani." I heard as my body was being shook.

I couldn't get out of this nightmare. It wouldn't end.

"Kalani!" My body was being shook and I kept hearing somebody yell my name. I kicked in my sleep until somebody lifted my body up and my eyes shot opened.

I was laying in a hospital bed. Tubes all in my arm and I felt weak as ever. 

I looked up to see a nurse or doctor standing over me.

"Everything is fine. Calm down for me Ms.Lewis." She took my vitals and let me know everything was looking good.

"Bestfriend are you okay?" Shanice stood at my bedside.

"I'll be alright." I said.

"Ms.Lewis you lost a lot of blood. We have to make sure you have lots of fluids and oxygen before we can let you go home. You're a fighter though, such a strong woman." She told me

I sat trying to remember what got me here. I only remembered bits and pieces.

My dad, Kim, Don, Rocc, and Avery walked in the room and it gave me some type of relief.

"Thank god you're up and alert. Oh my goodness." My dad walked over to me, putting a smile on my face.

"I told y'all she was a fighter. My sis too dope for the bullshit!" Avery spat.

Everybody laughed, including the doctor, "I'll get your pain medication and let you spend some time with your family. I'm Dr.Williams, please make sure you keep her stress levels down and if you need any help just use the phone and Dial 1. Somebody will be in to help you with anything you need."

"Thank you." I said before she walked out.

My dad and Kim was in the hallway going back and forth about something. They barely argue, so that's weird.

"How you feelin mamas?" Don asked, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I'm in pain, but it's bearable."

"What happened?" He asked me.

"I only remember bits and pieces. It's a blur. I remember pulling off from you and driving towards the freeway." I said trying to remember more.

He stared in my eyes. Giving me a sense of safety and comfort.

He made me feel so safe, but I just can't help to think somebody who's after him came for me. The same thing happened to him at the club and now somebody got me laying in this damn hospital bed.

"I'll never let this shit happen again. I promise, on everything I love I'll never let nobody else hurt you." He said kissing my hand.

"The car had some type of sticker or picture on the window." He looked at me.

"What else you seen?" He asked me.

"It was black. A black Altima or could've been a Maxima. I didn't see who was in the car. It happened so fast. They came out of nowhere." I said with tears streaming down my face.

He stared into space and looked as if a light went off in his head. Like he noticed something. He held my hand and stood up.

"Stop crying. I got you mamas. I'll be back here to stay with you. I'll be back." He said before kissing my lips.

"Rocc ride with me somewhere real quick."

"Where are y'all goin?" I asked

And they both walked out the room.

"Bitch why Jaliyah just comment on my picture trying to link up wit me?" Shanice said.

"Jaliyah who?" Me and Avery said at the same time.

"Jeremy sister Jaliyah, the fuck she doing in LA?"