Part 5

"This weather is so bullshit. It's hot as hell today." Shanice said, plugging the fan up.

It was early June and the sun wasn't playing no games, on top of that my air conditioner went out in the shop.

"When the hell they coming to fix the air. I can not be up in here sweating out my edges." She said, "He's coming tomorrow morning." I said, as I finished up the client in my chair.

"All done." I took the cape off of her spinning her to see the mirror.

"I love it! Thank you. I really don't let nobody else touch my hair." She said, as she took selfies in the mirror.

"Good. I'm the only one that should be in that head."

"You got me lookin right. Thank you I'll be back in two weeks."

I started to clean up my area.

"You welcome, text me a date and time. Go to Shanice and handle the payment at the front desk boo." I told her while sweeping the floor.

I've been here since 7 this morning, and it's now 8PM. I'm tired as hell, I'm always working long days in this shop.

"Thank you Lani baby! I'll tag you in my pictures when I post them. You did that shit!" She yelled then exited the shop. I just laughed, and continued to clean up.

"What you doing for the weekend?" Shanice asked as we both walked to my office.

"Nothing much, just relax and chill. I'm tired." I told her, "What you doing?"

"Nothing. I'm coming to relax and chill with you." I laughed, "Oh, now you wanna come homel."

"You know when I come home it's lit." She told me, "Let me make sure everybody done for the night so we can lock up and go." She walked out the office to the front where the other girls were.

I decided to post on Instagram since I haven't posted in a while.

My phone rung, and Incoming call from Don popped up on the screen.

Sliding my finger across the screen and placed it on my ear, "Hello."

I haven't really been trying to get involved with this man, but his voice gets me every time. He's been out of town for three days since he dropped me off so I haven't seen him. I don't know if my ex sent him to play this game, but I'll most definitely play along.

What you doin?"

"Just finished a client, chilling in my office, what you doing?"

"In traffic bout to grab something to eat, I was just checking on you. I'm not trying to stop ya hustle. I'll call you later, I'll be back in town tonight."

"I'm about to head out in a few minutes, but be safe. I'll Talk to you later."

"Alright see you soon." He said before he hung up.

I walked to the front seeing everybody gone except for Shanice. "You ready?" I asked, grabbing my purse and keys from my booth.

"Yup. Let's go."

I activated the alarm and headed out the shop before putting the locks on the doors. We got in our cars and carpooled home. We lived fifteen minutes from the shop, so we got there in no time.

"Why the hell you got all those bags in ya car like that?" I asked Shanice, walking through the door.

"I was at the laundromat last night, and didn't feel like taking them all out the car when I got back to Dre house."