Part 16

Kalani

"How you feelin?" My dad asked.

"A little sore but I'll be alright. How are you guys?" I asked, smiling at Kim.

They've been arguing a lot and it's not like them at all. I haven't seen them since they blew up on each other in the hospital.

"We're good. How long do you plan on staying here?" My dad asked.

"Until I get back on my feet and healed up." I rolled my eyes. My dad doesn't like me with Don. He thinks he's the reason I was shot. Says he's nothing but a "no good thug" who's trying to drag me into his lifestyle.

"Well you need to get back to your own house. You didn't get to where you are taking handouts, so don't start now. You can take care of yourself." He said.

"Kalvin you can not control who she spend her days with. If he takes care of her why the hell are you feeling any type of way." Kim spat.

"She don't need no thug ass lowlife taking care of her. Selling drugs is the only way to live like this and she don't need to be around this shit." He said.

"You haven't even said two words to the boy since she introduced him to you. You didn't even speak when she did that. How are you judging somebody and you don't even know him." Kim said.

"So what. Like you said boy. A little ass boy." He spat.

"Look, you don't have to be here. You acted like you was coming to check on me, but all you've done since you been here is talk about stuff that don't have nothing to do with you. You're right, I don't need a MAN to take care of me because I ain't never had that. Not even from you. Everything I got I got it by myself. So don't come here wit ya negative energy telling me what I should be doing."

My dad looked at me with anger in his eyes.

"Who the hell do you think you're talking too? I don't give a damn about you being laid up with this nigga. When he start beatin yo ass you better make sure you don't call me!" He yelled.

"Like you used to do my mom? That don't phase me. I went through it and I got through it and you was nowhere to be found then! If you didn't care you wouldn't be so worried. Get the hell from around me with that miserable bullshit you on." I spat.

I felt his hand go across my face. I couldn't believe it..I couldn't even say nothing. He has never put his hands on me.

"Kalvin what the fuck is wrong with you!" Kim yelled, pulling him off of me.

"Lets go!" He yelled.

"I actually came here to talk to you." Kim said.

"NOW!" He yelled.

"I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but you will not speak to me in that tone like I'm some little ass kid. You know the shit I used to go through, so I dare you to raise your hand up at her or any woman ever again in my presence. My daughter or not. Have you lost your fucking mind? I don't even know who the fuck you are anymore. You been wildin dude." She spat.

My dad is angry because he can't tell me how to live my life. He used to do drugs heavy before my mom ever touched a pipe. He just got his life together, and my mom went in the opposite direction.

Let me give you a run down of my crazy life

He started stealing my mom's hard earned money to support his habits. He became angry and aggressive for no reason, and that led to him eventually putting hands on her. She worked less, and later lost her job. She did everything to take care of me and protect me. She couldn't provide for me how she wanted to, and eventually she turned to drugs.