Chapter 26: Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

*Brooke's P.O.V* 

After my talk with Craig he convinced me that I should talk to Trey about what he said to me earlier. So I walked over to where he was sitting at the edge of the small trickling stream. I took a seat on a large rock next to him. I cleared my throat to speak "Trey, what did you mean when you said that earlier. I do still know you guys it's not my fault that I had to move alot and if you even care anymore what you said really hurt me." I turned my eyes away from him and let them stray over the horizon. The stars above my head twinkled indicating to me that I should try to stay calm with all this beauty around me it seemed easier to do my iPod would help me right now. I just needed to stay calm and figure out what he met, there is now time for me to be flaring up at anyone else.

With a single swift movement as the words just bearly escaped my lips I was roughly tugged back into my previous position. "How can you say that?! Of course I still care about you! earlier, I never meant to say anything that would have hurt you. Honestly I didn't. Please believe me." He pleaded. My eyes filled with shock and fright; my eyes must have been at least the size of dinner plates, at this point. My heart was literally leeping out of my chest at his very actions. I could feel my shuddering skin bruise my arms as they peirced through my very skin. My mouth hung open, paralyzed in fear. Unable to move a single muscle.

Maybe I didn't know them anymore.... Trey never did anything like this to me if anything it was the complete opposite. Tears began welling up in my eyes, my lip quivered what was I supposed to do? I closed my eyes to hope that this was all just apart of some horrible dream. "ROC!!" I heard someone yell. I slowly opened my eyes to see Prince lunge towards Roc knocking him off the rock and me out of his grasp. Prince kneeled on top of him, shaking him roughly. "What the HELL is wrong with you?! Have you gone insane!?" I stumbled backwards off the rock falling to the ground. I could heardly breath. After having the wind knocked out of him Roc seemed to come back to reality. Thank the Lord that boy finally came back to his sense. 

The boys dusted themselves of and started yelling something back and forth. I was too stunded to the moment to react to anything. Prince walked over to me and helped me back up on my feet. I shook my head trying to break the trace I was in. My breathing suddenly seemed to go back to normal. I looked over his shoulder to see Trey walking towards us. I took a step back hiding behind Jacob as a precaution. "Brooke I--I'm sorry I don't know what got into me. Please forgive me?" Ok was it me or has he completely lost all sense he had.

How did he expect me to immediately forgive him?!?! Jacob looked down at my arms. Dark red welts ran up and down my arm throbbing pain surged from each one. My fair skin was made the markings on my arms more obvious. "What did you do?" Jacob asked in a calm voice but the anger was still very much there."I-" without giving him a chance to even explain he cut him off "No, no you don't know what you're doing!." I lightly touched his arm to make him calm down. "Jake calm down it- it was an accident I'm sure." Wrong choice of words I know but regardless of the situation Roc was still my friend and I had to defend him. Even if it wasn't an accident which seemed like the more obvious answer." Prince pulled me closer to him "Brooke don't try to stick up for him, he know's what he did. He knew it wasn't right and he's gonna pay for this." The fire in his eyes illuminated the darkness around us. I've never seen these boys act this way.

So ok, Prince has stuck up for me every once in a while but NEVER when another one of my friends were involved. Then again none of them ever pierced my skin with their razor sharpe nails.A gust of wind blow by; blowing out the campfire. I was still very jittery and nervous so instinctively I let out a shriek leaping into Jacob's strong arms, my arms tightly clung onto his neck. 

A villainous laugh echoed through out the forest around us. Prince lightly placed my feet back onto the solid ground but I held a strong grip on one of his arms none-the-less. A flashlight flicked on and I heard the zipper of one of the tents open up. "What the hell?" Craig uttered. "Dude stop playing why'd you put of the fire?" Prince said sturnly. "Me?! dude why did you put it out and coming up in here cacklin' like some kinda witch." He replied with a bit of annoyance in his voice. They both turned to Trey. How only shrugged his shoulders and with sorrowful eyes looked at me. "Screw all of you I'm not sticking around here to try to get butchered or somethin' " I released my grip on Princeton's arm and began walking in the direction of the hotel.

The woods were pitch black and filled with unusual sounds. I tried to make myself aware to all of them. I saw a light ahead and slowly walked towards it. Making sure I didn't get my leg caught on any mole holes on the way or tripping over anything. I screamed once again at the top of my lungs falling back My hands broke my fall. I came face to face with a hidious, disfigured creature. Long strands of black stringy hair covered it's bulging, glowing, blood red eyes highlighed by a birght yellow around it's outside; this made it's muscus green skin tone more evident even in the black of night.

Long pointed ears were pointed out from under the disgusting, stringy mess. It's long snout flaired in anger at me. The creature it's wide jaws revealing a set of small razor sharp teeth. All appearing to be canines. The first to front canines were the longest and sharpest. It growled at me viciously at me proving to me that if I didn't act quickly I would be in SERIOUS trouble. I quickly jerked myself back to my feet and ran for my life screaming at the top of my lungs in hope that the boys would come to my aid. 

*************************************************************************************************************** Ok Hi !!! ^_^ I know this is pretty over due but Happy Halloween >=D !!!! and yeah I know not a very Christmasy chapter since it is Christmas but I kinda set out my chapters a certain way so lol yea ;P Happy Holidays everyone enjoy every minute of it with your friends and family and please remember the reason for this season.