Chapter 19: Keeping Secrets

*Brooke's P.O.V*

...............................I looked suspiciously at the text. I gave each one of my friends a long soulful look. I could tell from their expressions that they all seemed guilty of something, each and everyone of them......but question was...... what were they all hiding from me? The pool area suddenly fell in complete silence. "Do any of you have something to say to me?" I asked raising my brow. There was a long awkward silence that no one seems to want to break. "Nikki?" I said hoping to get a reply or even an answer for the weird behavior or something....anything. She just looked down into the water which was rippling from her movement in the water.

"What is going on here!" I exclaimed. I'm glad Keisha left for a meeting with Walter cause I'm about to get my answers even if gotta be slapping them upside the head for them to remember. I was really suspicious but I didn't want them to know that I was catching onto them. "Uh B why don't we just umm....play maro polo again or something guys? any ideas?" she asked trying to stall for time. I narrowed my eyes at her. " Just wait I'm gonna find out what ya'll are hiding sooner or later I'll find out." I grabbed up my things and throw my towel over my waist and stormed out of the pool area. I went back to my room and slammed the door behind me I really wasn't in the mood for anyone to be telling me any kinda crap that would affect the current situation but most of all I jus can't believe they would actually keep something from me.........all of them. I felt so betrayed. Do I even have best friends anymore, how could I trust them again?

I took up my iPod and set it to shuffle and put in my earphones, I really just needed to settle my thoughts right now. After a few Chris Brown songs, it suddenly came to me, with a swift movement I jolted up and started scrambling around the room looking for my phone. Once I had found it I went into my messages and took a better look at it every little detail until one thing caught my eye. An evil grin began slowly spreading across my face. "Well I'll be damned" I said to myself. I left my room and made my way back to the pool, with each step slamming down on the ground, heavier than the last. The guys and Nikki were all talking amongst themselves in a suspicious mannor. I narrowed my eyes on each of them. They must have sensed that I found them out..................or at least two of them. They looked at each other nervously, except the two who seemed the most guilty.

Trying their best not to make eye contact with me, staring at the rippling or just letting their eyes wonder.  I smirked "So you guys think you're so clever? I told you I would find you guys out now I want answers. Nikki?....RAY?.....have anything to tell me?" I said glaring at them."Uuuhhhh...." said Ray nervously, my eyes passing back over to Nikki. She gave me a very nervous but upsetting look. I knew she had to crack sooner or later. I began staring her down. After our long stare down, Nikki finally blurted out "I'm sorry!! I honestly was gonna tell you I promise I would have told you eventually.........you know when the time was right."

I shook my head in disappointment. "Nik I thought we were best friends; all of you, I know your all keeping something from me, I can see it in your eyes. What's so big that you can't tell me?" Ray looked over at Nikki who just simply nodded. "Look  it's not a secret it's just that she was afraid of how you would react, it's just that she didn't know how to tell you about the kiss we had a little while back." Ray explained. I stood there having a mix of emotions take over my body; anger, shock, confusion, it was all too much for me. I gave them a confused and slightly blank expression. I tried to shake off the feeling.

"Did you all know this?" I asked in disgust. They just looked down nervously. 'I can't believe this!! my "SUPPOSED" best friends in the world are keeping secrets from me, you guys all just met how can you all trust each other more than you trust me?!" I exclaimed. "I get it everyone has their little secrets that even thier best friend doesn't know, but this isn't one of those things you keep from your best friend because this involves me too if you didn't know." I was so upset at them how could they just keep this from me?! I've known them longer than they've known each other!! I was steamed, my eyes were filled with hate for them.

 I could hardly hear my "friends" yelling my name from the pool, or did I even want to hear them at this point? I was running............ running away.........I don't know where I was going but at this point anywhere would be better than here.The storm was passing through the area at the moment but I didn't care  that storm couldn't cause anymore I didn't care, I just needed to get away ....................................................