Chapter 42: The Guy In The Dream

*Brooke's P.O.V*

...........I'm Cinderella, living her depressing life. Waiting for my prince charming to one day come along and rescue me from this horrible life. To escape into the world and be who I want to be....................I was at the mascarade ball...shyly walking around the large room filled with people, all on my own. Suddenly, a tall  figure appeared, it was a guy with the most amazing brown eyes I'd ever seen , he  slowly began to approached me. Though I was unable to see his face because of the mask, I could tell just from his eyes and his sculpted physique that he had to look pretty good from under that mask as well.

He held out my hand and kissed it gently then asked me to dance - how could I say no?!- We walk out on the dancefloor, wrapped in each others arms while a slow song began to play. He then reaches up and takes off my mask, while I instincticvely pulled up his mask, as he leaned in to kiss me. Our faces grew closer and closer together.  As our lips met in a passionful kiss............For that moment we seemed like the only ones in the room.

No one else existed at that moment; it was just the two of us in complete bliss as our lips moved in sync, the gentle touch of his hand around my waist and my arms securly wrapped around his neck. The kiss slowly ended, we moved apart breaking the kiss, staring into eachothers eyes longingly, I was in a state of shock, I blinked a few times allowing everything to sink in before I could find my words. I hadn't expected him to kiss me (not that I could really complain though right?).  I gently began lifting his mask up, so gently I had thought that if I made one wrong move the mask would break. Before I could get the mask off him, the trance like state I was in was now broken by the loud, echoing sound of the clock stricking midnight...............

..........I was woken up from my peaceful slumber by the blaring sound of my alarm going off. I rubbed my eyes a few times trying to get the sleep out of my eyes. I picked up my phone and instinctively shut it off. Why didn't I turn that stupid thing off I thought to myself, well I guess I was even too tired to remember to turn off the alarm. I hated getting up early, and my alarm waking me up when I've already lost sleep didn't seem to help. I yawned, then  rubbed my eyes once more and just before looking at my surroundings. I was about to go back to sleep, when I realized that Prod wasn't next to me anymore. I heard his voice, I could faintly make out what he was saying. I wasn't sure who he was talking to, or what he was talking to them about but whatever plans he was making it seemed important.

I didn't pay much attention to the conversation though, I didn't want to be a snoop or anything. I turned on my side and began staring out the window at all the fluffy clouds we were flying along side with. "Morning Sleeping Beauty" I turned around to see Prod leaning on his seat, with a bit of a smirk, a bright smile on his face. He leaned over and kissed my forehead before taking his seat next to me. For him, to be up at this time in the morning something, it was strange to be honest. I've known the guy since we were kids and he's definately not a morning person, not like any of the other guys were either. There has to be the reason for him to be up already and why he's seems so happy. I know for a fact that he doesn't just wake up this happy without a reason.

I smiled back brightly "Morning MoMo, what's gotten you in such a good mood this early in the morning?" I said poking him from his biceps down to his abs. "Nothing, can't a guy just be happy first thing when he wakes up?", he replied with a shrug, nonchalantly. "Yeah, sure when that guy isn't you," I teased. "The last time I saw you wake up with a smile on you face it was when we were twelve and we spent the whole night just talking and having fun. Then the next morning we found ourselves asleep on your bedroom floor." I saw a smirk quickly spread across his face as he remembered that bitterly cold December morning.

I remember our famous sleepovers were we would play games, make more snacks than we could ever hope to eat, watch movies all night long. I remember how we would go back to school on Monday and we would boost about our little party and our inside jokes that no one else would get but us. Even when he had sleepovers with his guy friends I was always the only girl to get invited, though I normally declined the offer, it was still nice that I got invited which is something that not alot of girls can say that they've ever been invited to at least. 

"That was so fun I have to admit but, the two times have nothing in common. Can't I just be genuinely happy...for no reason; you know just cause?" I rolled my eyes, I could tell that he was hiding something from me. He can't be happy for no reason, I'm gonna find out what's up with him. "Well then, there has to be a reason for you to be so happy and seeing that we're on a plane I can only assume one of those things.So.......is it a girl? who is she? And you can't tell me no because I heard you on the phone. I wasn't listening or anything so don't worry." I sang in response. I could see the smirk begin to spread on his lips. He oddly seemed very pleased with my response almost as if we was amused by it. 

"Well, I guess you got me, and don't bother asking me who she is cause I'm sure when you find out you won't be disappointed." he said with a wink. "Well since you won't tell me who she is will you at lease tell me what's she's like?" Prod smiled, I assumed at the very thought of his mystery girl. He went into great detail about her until we landed though he avoided any specific details that could give me a clear indication of who this mystery girl was.

It really sounded as if he really liked her. I mentally rolled my eyes with each detail he gave, I slowly began to grow annoyed with the very idea of this girl who I've never even ment. It wasn't long until I completely zoned out of our conversation and I wasn't even paying attention to him anymore. I know I should be happy that he found someone that really makes him happy, but....I.....wasn't. I know that must sound really bad that one of his best friends isn't happy for him but, I guess I was just a little....jealous?.....maybe just a little............No I can't be, I'm happy for him I really am........... aren't I??................................................................................