Chapter 41: Sleeping Above The Clouds

*Brooke P.O.V*

I woke up hearing the soft sound of music. I turned on my side, I opened my eyes looking around for the source of the music. I pushed the blanket off me slightly, I assumed one of the boys must have put it on me while I was sleeping. I glanced around for a minute, trying to identify my surroundings, rubbing the sleep out of tired eyes. I looked around and realized that I was on the plane, the boys around me, including the manager fast asleep in their seats. I guess Craig must have carried me onto the plane, that was the only conclusion I could come up with since I was too tired to even remember what happened after I fell asleep. I looked out the window and saw that wer were already high up in the sky,the white fluffy clouds surrounding us. I wonder how long we'd been in the air? or how long I was asleep. 

I looked around at the four sleeping boys, and only then was it clear to me to me where the source of the music was coming from. The music was Craig's, this didn't seem to surprize me much since he wasn't fond of flying the music was something that seemed to distract him with ever he flew. I looked over at him; sleeping soundly, with his shades still on. I smiled slightly, I loved seeing the boys sleep they looked so peaceful when they were asleep. I smiled as I looked down at Craig sleeping, I pulled the blanket on him, took off his shades and paused the music on his phone.

I pulled out my phone and noticed that I had an unread text from Nikki. I opened my messages -

Nikki: Bitch u got me in trouble -_-

Brooke: Girl bye how did I get u in trouble ? U even up right now ?!

Nikki: -.-' yea I'm texting with my eyes closed wat do u think!? An cuz u had those 2 dogs or urs carrying u and ur stuff for u.

Like damn !!! I couldn't even get Ray to do that for me. Btw ur literally 2 ft away from me y r we txting ?

Brooke: Lol !! What r u talking about !? They were just being NICE and they aren't dogs :( 

The guys r sleeping :3 I don't wanna wake them up look how cute they look when they r sleeping ^_^

Nikki: Nice my behind -_- Prod was carrying u if I'm not mistaken

Brooke: :$ I was tired!!  Ray would do the same for u I'm sure and y r they dogs again ??

Nikki: well I don't know they follow u around like lost puppies. Like throw one of them a bone y don't u ;)  ...but thnx to that Lil stunt Prod pulled he was finally won over ;P ? r u gonna finally admit this guy has a thing for u?

Brooke: whatev Nik, anyways I have no idea what ur even talkin about :3 there isn't anything between us but maybe u can explain urself over some Starbucks after we land??

Nikki: yeah yeah ur gonna buy me a cotton candy frap for waking me up I just hope u know that and when we get to starbucks u have to slip!!

That was the last text Nikki sent me before she went back to sleep. I stayed awake a little longer thinking about what she said. This should be an interesting trip, and an interesting conversation I'm gonna have with Nikki later, I just hope I don't regret this. This summer has already started out pretty interesting if you ask me, I guess I just have to wait and see what else this summer holds. ...............................................................

*Prodigy's P.O.V*

After we got on the plane, it wasn't long before all the guys and Nikki we knocked out. I look next to me and saw Brooke peacefully sleeping. I smiled down at her, at that very moment she turned on her side and tugged on my hoodie. She always did that when she got scaried, I smiled again slightly remembering all the years we spend and how much has hadn't changed. I put my arm around her and pulled her close to me letting her rest her head on my chest. I saw that she became less tense and quickly became relaxed.

The familiar soft smile came on her face as she snuggled up in my arms. I liked thise moments that I had with her, I hated to see her upset and comforting her even in her sleep was something that I think is some of the things I can do to help her when I can. It maybe be a bit of a cliche to fall for my best friend but I don't care because Brooke is alot more to me than just a best friend, I've always felt that way. I don't care if this feeling I have for her is one sided, even if she has a boyfriend I want to be there by her side to make sure that she's always happy. I can't think of doing anything else but making sure that she's happy. 

I remembered when we were younger she would do this alot. She had some really bad nightmares, if it wasn't one of her older brothers it was always me who comforted her when she got scared. It would sometimes end up with her crawling into the bed next to me to get to sleep. I always thought it was more cute than weird when she did that. Though the guys have memories with Brooke that I might not have, I think that I'm the only of of us in the group that she was so comfortable around. It brought me back to when she gave me  her teddy bear necklace. My mom gave me one when I was little but when I lost it, Brooke gave me the one that I had gotten a few years before for her birthday, she liked mine so much she wanted one of her own. After I found mine I tried to give her's back but she insited I keep it.

 "Thank you." I heard a soft whisper from Brooke as her grip on my hoodie slowly started to loosen. "No problem, I'll always be here for you." I whispered back and kissed her forehead gently. I put in my ear phones and pressed play as "You Are Not Alone" by Michael Jackson and reminisce on all the good memories Brooke and I shared. Maybe oneday she may understand...............................................................................................................................................................

*************************************************************************************************************** Hey guys it's me :) ok, so this is my senior year so of course there is gonna be alot less time for me to update unfortunately :( , some days I'll update other it might take me a bit longer to update. So for that reason I would like just to apologize to all my faithful readers silent and otherwise though I don't get that many comments. I do in fact appreciate those of you that do comment it means alot to me that you take the time out for that.  Please bear with me with my inconsistent posting :/