Chapter 31: Family Reunion

*Brooke's P.O.V*

 "Come on!! are we there yet?" I asked for the tenth time since we got on the van, I was becoming very impatient. Jacob pulled me into a quick half hug, "Relax chica we're almost there. What's the rush?" I gave him a blank expression. "What's the rush? well let's see shall we? well first my ipod is DEAD which if you don't realize is a BIG problem and plus I gotta pee and it's all Ray's fault too." I gave Ray an evil glare. "How is it my fault if the lady can't hold her liquids?" Ray asked. "You're the one that dared me to race you to see who could finish their slushee first."

Note to self -  never accept any dares that involve large frozen drinks from Ray EVER again

 They all laughted at me, "What?" I asked "Why didn't you just go at the gas station?" I gave him a look as if he were crazy. "Are you insane? gas station bathrooms are disgusting I honestly think they don't clean those stalls. Besides, I could have been kidnapped or worse." I folded my arms  over my chest. "Always looking at the positive aren't you Brooke?" Roc said sarcasticly. I shook my head and  rolled my eyes. "PLEASE tell me we're here NOW ?!" Nikki said anxiously feeling the van begin to slow down. "Why are you getting all impatient now?" Prod asked, getting a bit suspicious. We all turned to look at her, " What? I just umm...", her eyes strayed over to Princeton who was sitting just across from her. I was sitting right next to the door and I was totally ready to jump out at any moment........until Craig pulled me back and whispered something to me. I nodded with a smile in a agreement. 

*Nikki's P.O.V* 

I'm seriously starting to get suspicious of those two. I don't know what Prodigy said to her but she's all calm and mellow now. And....is she....is she smiling?! ok, I think I need to chill out I'm getting way to paranoid over this. Normally it's Brooke that gets all paranoid like this, I've spent way too much time with that girl. I guess I just don't want to see her get hurt, as her best friend I think it's important for me to look out for her. I should just give up it's probably nothing anyways; and besides have a way sweet boyfriend that I could be giving all this attention to and I have other things I need to take care of before any of this escalades into something more. I turned to Ray and smiled, He looked down and took his hand in mine. "Nik, can I talk to later?" He asked. "Yeah sure, about what though?" I asked still smiling pulling myself closer to him so my head would rest on his shoulder. "Uh...I'll tell you later babe." Ray replied, I looked at him strangely and started thinking to myself...what could he want to talk to me about seemed really serious so I got a bit nervous from the thought itself. 

The van's roaring engine suddenly became quite, coming to a complete stop. We all stepped out of the van with Brooke silently trailing behind us. We all gathered at the front of the door and Prince rang the bell. We were greeted by a loud high pitched scream from a very young woman, not much taller than a few inches over five feet, and a near perfect figure. You would never think she was a mother from her youthful appearance. Her short, shoulder length  jet black hair pulled up in a clip keeping it out of her face neatly. She was dressed in a pair of black yoga pants and a flowing pale blue top. I could only assumed that she was Prod's mom since all the boys rushed in at the sight of her in a big group hug yelling, "MAMA!!". I just stood there awkwardly not knowing what to do. I didn't know her, so joining into the group hug would be totally strange and totally out of the question.  

"And who is this lil cutie here?" She asked after ending the group hug and finally acknowledging my presence. I smiled at her then over to the boys, Ray walked over to me and grabbed my hand leading me over to the woman. "Mom, this is Ray's girlfriend Nikki, she's also a friend of Brooke's. Nikki this is my mom who everyone calls Mama Wanda." Prodigy said, gesturing to us as he introduced us to each other. I extended my hand for her to shake, "Hi, it's so nice to me you." She laughed and pulled me into a hug. "Child, you don't needa be so formal with me if you're a friend of Brooke's you're famliy. More so since you're dating one of my sons here." she said with a hearty laugh.